No surprise here: L.A. Considers Global Warming Tax (1 Viewer)

Saint Mike

Are you a Who Dat?
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We've known all along where the man-made global warming scheme was heading---inflated bureaucracy, higher taxes, less freedom. So let it be written, so let it be done.

Los Angeles considers global warming tax

April 7, 2008 - 9:58AM
The Orange County Register
<!-- Video goes here --> To fight global warming, a bill in Sacramento would enable Los Angeles County transit officials to increase taxes on motorists. It's a bad idea that may foreshadow even worse to come.

Billed as a "climate change mitigation and adaptation fee," the measure would cost motorists either an additional 3 percent motor fuel tax, or up to a $90 annual flat fee, based on vehicle emissions. The new charges would be on top of taxes already paid at the pump. Either option requires a majority approval by a vote of the people.

This should make for some interesting lawsuits. Unfortunately, it will end up in the 9th circuit.

According to the snippet it will have to go before a vote which means it will be the choice of the people.

Democracy :mad:

Here in this hopeless ****ing hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any ****ing time. Any ****ing day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

With tongue planted firmly in cheek - The government will use the money to persuade people that they need to be more vertically integrated in high rises and use mass transit to lessen the effects of global warming. This is not a tax for the general fund. -
What do you expect from a state that elects Babs Boxer as a senator. Ugh

People won't act right, so the government has to step in.

Here in this hopeless ****ing hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any ****ing time. Any ****ing day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

learn to swim indeed:9:

As for global warming, I am no scientist or genius, so the truth is that I don't know. And the truth is no one on this site knows either. But if I am hedging my bets, I'll go on the side that doesn't result in global doom if I am wrong. Plus the people who are experts, the scientists, 95% of them seem to believe in man made global warming and the horrible effects that could ensue if we don't step up now. So, I'll go with them over my own lack of knowledge. If I have a question on football, I'll take Sean Payton or Bill Parcells' opinions over my own or John Doe's. Same goes for global warming, except instead of Parcell's, I'm gonna listen to PhD industry leading scientists.

As for global warming, I am no scientist or genius, so the truth is that I don't know. And the truth is no one on this site knows either. But if I am hedging my bets, I'll go on the side that doesn't result in global doom if I am wrong. Plus the people who are experts, the scientists, 95% of them seem to believe in man made global warming and the horrible effects that could ensue if we don't step up now. So, I'll go with them over my own lack of knowledge. If I have a question on football, I'll take Sean Payton or Bill Parcells' opinions over my own or John Doe's. Same goes for global warming, except instead of Parcell's, I'm gonna listen to PhD industry leading scientists.

Stop confusing us with sound logic. :grumpy:

You're lojik is weak, Breax!

This is basically my approach. I'm not going to pretend to know it all to satisfy a need to fit in a certain ideology because frankly nobody knows for sure. However, I'll take a better safe than sorry approach. We just have to be smart in how we take the safe path.

This is basically my approach. I'm not going to pretend to know it all to satisfy a need to fit in a certain ideology because frankly nobody knows for sure. However, I'll take a better safe than sorry approach. We just have to be smart in how we take the safe path.

I'd rather be sorry than safe. Woooohoooo SUVs!

I'm not certain that 95% number is correct. Besides, new information suggest that the mean temperature has not increased since 1998. My understanding is that man contributes less than 1% of global CO2 emissions. A tax increase in L.A. will do nothing but fill the government coffers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom