No Tag for Bushrod (Schefter) (1 Viewer)

left tackle in this offense = just hold your water and don't be a revolving door.

got no problem with bush going after the $$$. He will be replaced.

The NFL seriously needs to adjust the cap. The whole thing is going to implode in a few years if they don't. The owners may believe that it's going to make them money, but they are going to get crucified once a lot of teams have to start cutting or letting walk their superstars.

My idea is to allow teams to exclude the salaries of players "tagged" from their salary cap

It's free agency with a hard salary cap. It keeps every team on a level playing field. This is why the NFL is the best sport. Bushrod has every right to make as much money as he can. The saints can't afford to tag him nor is he worth the tag. Let somebody else overpay him. The good teams will manage their contracts wisely.

Next man up. ...Bentley, Brown, Godwin, Nicks,

The Saints offense relies heavily on the tightends and runningbacks in the passing game they are already overly indulged in pass protection "help" with Bushrod and that is affecting their over all production, a Tackle who is below the talent level of Bushrod would destroy any viable production we can get out of each and everyone of them. Can you imagine a truly bad tackle having to get twice as much "help" as Bushrod. People think Bushrod is bad and they think Bushrod can be so easily replaced just wait.

The Saints offense relies heavily on the tightends and runningbacks in the passing game they are already overly indulged in pass protection "help" with Bushrod and that is affecting their over all production, a Tackle who is below the talent level of Bushrod would destroy any viable production we can get out of each and everyone of them. Can you imagine a truly bad tackle having to get twice as much "help" as Bushrod. People think Bushrod is bad and they think Bushrod can be so easily replaced just wait.

Why would we replace a bad tackle with another bad tackle? Hopefully Sean Payton noticed our O-tackle's troubles and upgrades via the draft, free agency, or current players on the team. Move Strief back to his old role and let Bushrod stroll down to greener pastures.
Fingers crossed on Marcel Jones.
Who knows.

I didn't expect the Saints to tag Bushrod b/c he's not worth being paid that well, but I do think that if they don't resign him then they need to sign his replacement in FA. We can't afford to go into the draft with another hole on our team; we already have too many defensive holes to fill. And I don't think Charles Brown is a viable replacement for Bushrod. Dude can't play more than about 3 games without getting a hammy or back injury.

IA that the Bears will look @ Bushrod, except I think they'll wait and see what happens with Brendan Albert of the Chiefs

they will probably go after bushrod.they chose fred thomas over sharper.

Did anyone watch how our backups were manhandled when Strief went down? Did anyone watch our backups getting blown up in preseason vs back up defensive pass rushers? They would all have to had to improve greatly.

If you gt the tag use it. No one else on the team deserve to be franchised. You gt to keep the 100million dollar man upright. GOSH!!!:covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom