No Tag for Bushrod (Schefter) (2 Viewers)

Don't you think Kromer knows exactly what we know about Bushrod. Why would they overpay him, when there are probably cheaper options?

I'm afraid the market might be a bit thin for Bushrod. Sure there are exceptions, but he might want to stay, if he isn't getting anything close to what he expects.....which then raises an interesting scenario.....

Would the Saints try to resign him, if there are other better options? That would be an interesting scenario.......Bushrod wants back, but the Saints go for an upgrade....

Very smart.

in a perfect world, the saints would sign bushrod for a modest raise and switch him to right tackle then up-grade the left tackle position.......like i said - in a perfect world.

Lots of FA tackles and the draft is full, we need a cheaper option

Don't you think Kromer knows exactly what we know about Bushrod. Why would they overpay him, when there are probably cheaper options?

I'm afraid the market might be a bit thin for Bushrod. Sure there are exceptions, but he might want to stay, if he isn't getting anything close to what he expects.....which then raises an interesting scenario.....

Would the Saints try to resign him, if there are other better options? That would be an interesting scenario.......Bushrod wants back, but the Saints go for an upgrade....

It all comes down to value. There will, of course, be a dollar value at which he is worth signing. However honestly I suspect that level is way below what he will be looking for and knowing what we know, I suspect another team will pull the trigger before we do.

Of course the best way of replenishing is through the draft because after rookie wage scale was restructured it's the most cost effective way of plugging in new talent.

Bushrod is a good player, not worth what he will likely be asking for though. Brees and this system makes him look better than he is and he still needs help at times.

Can easily be replaced. Thanks for stepping up when your number was called Bushrod. :9:

in a perfect world, the saints would sign bushrod for a modest raise and switch him to right tackle then up-grade the left tackle position.......like i said - in a perfect world.

THIS. When Nicks left the talking heads said he was our best Lineman and even he didn't do that great before his injury this year. So if our best Lineman declined on another team then our average LT will surely only get worse on another team.

My thoughts on Bushrod are this:

- When playing against any decent defensive talent, he gets exposed and needs all kinds of assistance. Particularly in the 2012 49'er playoff game, the Smith bros. collapsed his side of the pocket almost every down
- Although he made the Pro Bowl this year, I was totally shocked he did. He has never looked like Pro Bowl material
- I agree with those who have said he is a system product. In fact, I have the same opinion of Zach Strief
- I would never pay him Pro Bowl caliber money for the position
- If Brees wasn't the elusive player he is, in the pocket, he would be sacked way more often (think we all know this)
- I don't think he is a bad player, but I don't think we can afford to overpay here

I'd like to see some more athleticism at our T spots. It'd be nice if the Charles Brown experiment would work. Strief is a slob. Marcel Jones could be dominant, but a T with back concerns is never a good thing.

Our scheme relies heavily on good G play. Jahri and Grubbs are rock solid. I just want to see how good our offense could be with good tackles. Yea, we're the best offense;however, I feel like we can be even better.

If Kromer shells out money in Chicago for Bushrod that should tell you everything about his value.

If Kromer shells out money in Chicago for Bushrod that should tell you everything about his value.

All it would tell me is that Chicago has more money to overpay for Bushrod, and their O-Line is horrendous anyway. Obviously, there would be a comfort level there for Kromer as well, because Bushrod would know what he expects.

It was no different than other teams overpaying for players on our team who don't become what they were here. One that easily comes to mind is Robert Meachem. He had a pretty horrible year with the Chargers, despite his great game against us at home. The only player I honestly wish we had back right now is Jo-Lunn Dunbar. Dude panned out well, however, he was paid near what our top LBs are paid here. So, he didn't come on the cheap to the Rams.

Bingo!

Exactly Bushrod's skill set is much more suited for RT he is strong but not quick enough for LT

All it would tell me is that Chicago has more money to overpay for Bushrod, and their O-Line is horrendous anyway. Obviously, there would be a comfort level there for Kromer as well, because Bushrod would know what he expects.

It was no different than other teams overpaying for players on our team who don't become what they were here. One that easily comes to mind is Robert Meachem. He had a pretty horrible year with the Chargers, despite his great game against us at home. The only player I honestly wish we had back right now is Jo-Lunn Dunbar. Dude panned out well, however, he was paid near what our top LBs are paid here. So, he didn't come on the cheap to the Rams.

Also keep in mind that Tampa still has 30+ million in cap space to spend..

.. and they gave a punter 19 mil.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom