No Taysom? No Kamara? No WR2? No free agent cash? No problem. Laviska Shenault. (1 Viewer)

I think Harris can be a limited Joker. He is not big enough to handle much punishment. Laviska looks to me like Kamara at WR.
He did make it through his college career without any real injury history and got lit up quite a bit being primarily a punt and kick returner. I agree that on offense he'd be limited in usage as a joker because of his extreme importance as our return man, but I think he'll be worked in more as a WR for jet sweeps and taking the top off of defenses There wasn't a single jet sweep he handled last season that wasn't for a positive gain. Unlike the guy he was replacing in TLL who never had one go for a positive gain. (Didn't we even sign TLL to a futures contract or am I tripping? I wonder what that's all about if so.)

And Shenault is someone I really like in this draft.

We'll have Taysom. We'll extend Kamara. We already have Harris in the fold; will likely see a bit more action on offense next season. We'll need the "legit WR2" in the draft, though.

We'll have Taysom. We'll extend Kamara. We already have Harris in the fold; will likely see a bit more action on offense next season. We'll need the "legit WR2" in the draft, though.
If we can keep those guys, Shenault would add even more uncertainty for defenses to plan for if they decide he is the legit 2wr.

I wouldn't be surprised if Henry Ruggs falls to 24 as well.

Laviska will not make it anywhere near the late teens, much less to the 24th pick. Guy is an instant machine much like a CGM. Not saying he will be another CGM, but he is plug and play ready IMO. And FAST!

I think that he will skyrocket after the combine and there will be no chance to get him. But he is a stud...no mistake about it. Barring injury, I think that he is probably the third best WR in the class and he would be a really good fit for the Saints both pre-and-post Brees retirement.

If the Saints can't get Burrow I would be excited bout this guy.

I love Shenault as a prospect... but the Saints would have to cross their fingers and hope he falls to #24... or trade up to get him (which I’d rather not see them do, with such a deep WR class)

I don’t want to sound like a broken record... BUT... if you like Shenault and Deebo Samuel, you should really take a look at Devin Duvernay from Texas. 5’10, 210lbs with track speed. Has played RB and has exceptional RAC ability. His height and unrefined route running will hold him back some in draft circles, but he’s got the ability to be an absolute stud as a slot WR and gadget RB type. He straight-up Madden Style truck sticked Grant Delpit last season (see highlight in link -30 seconds in-), and he could be there for the Saints in the 3rd round or possibly the 4th unless he has a big rise leading up to the Draft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom