No teamwork on defense (1 Viewer)

I had concern about the DBs meshing. Two new starters and a short offseason. Communication back there is paramount. I can't tell you for sure that is the issue. Just a reason to try and be patient.

I just remember too many plays where someone didn't do their job and tried to force making a play like Lattimore giving up the first down by going for interception and CGJ not covering Waller at end zone on 4th and 1.

I just remember too many plays where someone didn't do their job and tried to force making a play like Lattimore giving up the first down by going for interception and CGJ not covering Waller at end zone on 4th and 1.

The Gardner-Johnson play was a tough one, because of the way Waller blocked him toward the inside. As soon as he released he was open, even if CJGJ had been trying to stick with him. I would say it was a technique issue, but since he didn't turn around and try to cover him, it was either a scheme or recognition problem.

The secondary was just bad. No doubt about it. We’ll see how they respond to such a pitiful performance. You can’t let a TE dominate like that.

I agree on the lack of communication. Marshon look like the player 2 years ago when he had an offseason. He need to refocus. IMO our safety's are both week at this stage in their careers. Good news we are in first place and we have time to get it corrected.

When a TE completely embarrass everyone who tried covering him, that’s a bad day. Demario Davis was the only one who did well against Waller. Jenkins, CGJ, P.J., all got beat like they never played football before.

The Saints lost the game on 3rd down plays...if the D can't get off the field on 3rd downs, they give up TDs...a FG means the D made a stop, but yesterday the whole D couldn't get off the field when it mattered the most....

...on 3rd downs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom