"No Time To Die" .... a love story (1 Viewer)

Madmarsha

Feral housewife
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just saw it. Didn't even get any trailers. Just opened right up to the movie. I'm not really a fan of the franchise that I HAVE to see all of them, but I paid attention to the whole thing. It's alway great visually.

I saw a premier of a George Romero movie and he did a Q&A afterwards. He mentioned that zombie movies, like all disaster movies, are about relationships. Peoples' relationships during a crisis situation is what the movies are about.

Now, every time I watch a zombie movie I tell my wife I am watching a movie about relationships.

Im not a huge Bond fan.. nothing against the films, i think their heyday was slightly before my time.. the only one i ever saw all the way through, in an actual theater, was Octopussy, when i was like 9…. That said, was talking to a buddy of mine this morning who’s a big Bond fan and went to see it yesterday.. he asked me if i wanted a spoiler alert, i told him I didn’t care since i wasnt planning on seeing it, and so he revealed to me how it ended.. Interesting move, to say the least.

We have all the time in the world is easily one of the top 5 Bond songs ( “live and let die”, “you only live twice”, “diamonds are forever”, “Goldfinger”).

Craig gave it his all as Bond, and will be the 2nd best to do it (after Connery). His run had some great hits, and then Spectre.

This final film was great though. Rami really commands every scene that he is in, you can’t get enough of him in those scenes. The interaction between Mr. & Mrs. Bond is great as well.

The plot twists, and the insight into where the franchise is going, it really gives you something to chew on.

We have all the time in the world is easily one of the top 5 Bond songs ( “live and let die”, “you only live twice”, “diamonds are forever”, “Goldfinger”).

You misspelled ‘Nobody Does It Better’ (easily the best Bond song ever) and For Your Eyes Only…. though Live and Let Die definitely gets an honorable mention.

ETA A View to a Kill wasnt bad either

You misspelled ‘Nobody Does It Better’ (easily the best Bond song ever) and For Your Eyes Only…. though Live and Let Die definitely gets an honorable mention.

ETA A View to a Kill wasnt bad either
Your bizarre taste in music continues to confound my musician's mind.

Live and Let Die is the winner. Goldfinger is a close second, followed by You Only Live Twice. Diamonds are Forever, The Living Daylights, and A View to a Kill are all pretty good as well.

_ side note, Shirley Bassey did three Bond songs: the great Goldfinger and Diamonds are Forever, but also the forgettable Moonraker (though the song is not as bad the film itself).

EDIT: Just discovered Bassey recorded a fourth Bond song to be the title song for Quantum of Solace, but it was rejected for the forgettable title song that's in the film. The Bassey song is really good, and a throwback to the jazz influenced songs from the Connery films. Shame on them for not sticking with royalty...

However, Monty Norman's original Bond Theme, featured prominently in some version in every Bond film, itself tops all of the film title songs (perhaps technically it's the title song to Dr. No, I'm not certain about that).

The two you mention are among the worst, IMHO. I would be fine never hearing either of them again.

Last edited:
Your bizarre taste in music continues to confound my musician's mind.

Live and Let Die is the winner. Goldfinger is a close second, followed by You Only Live Twice. Diamonds are Forever, The Living Daylights, and A View to a Kill are all pretty good as well.

_ side note, Shirley Bassey did three Bond songs: the great Goldfinger and Diamonds are Forever, but also the forgettable Moonraker (though the song is not as bad the film itself).

However, Monty Norman's original Bond Theme, featured prominently in some version in every Bond film, itself tops all of the film title songs (perhaps technically it's the title song to Dr. No, I'm not certain about that).

The two you mention are among the worst, IMHO. I would be fine never hearing either of them again.
Alice Cooper's song would've been the theme song if they weren't late delivering it by a day. Even Christopher Lee himself said that it should've been this song,

Alice Cooper's song would've been the theme song if they weren't late delivering it by a day. Even Christopher Lee himself said that it should've been this song,

My older brother had that album. We played it a lot.

While I don't think it was one of Vincent's best offerings, it's a good song, and a far cry better than the song that ended up as the title song. I do love how he wandered from his normal MO, incorporating horns and jazz chords into the song.

My older brother had that album. We played it a lot.

While I don't think it was one of Vincent's best offerings, it's a good song, and a far cry better than the song that ended up as the title song. I do love how he wandered from his normal MO, incorporating horns and jazz chords into the song.
I agree with you completely. They parted ways with Bob Ezrin to make Muscle of Love which is why the album wasn't up to par but also the Bond song is far better than the one that got chosen. Missed it by a day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom