NO!! To Kirby Smart as DC (1 Viewer)

Kingfish822

Very Banned
Reaction score
Saban is the real mastermind of that D smart's rep is just a product of him. Besides dealing with Saban Alabama dc is easiest job in college football... Saban runs the D and they have the best players in their league... Its like being Peyton mannings OC #overrated

waynes-world-excellent.gif

Could be the other way around. Smart could be the brains behind the operation with Saban getting too much credit.

It may be Saban's product, but it would not be smart to hire a guy who is learning from the best?

That is one of the reasons I like Keith Butler so much, he is learning from both Dick LeBeau (3-4 front seven) and Mike Tomlin (Tampa 2).

I don't have either a positive or negative opinion of Smart as a coach, but to me it is positive that he is learning from the best.

Saban is the real mastermind of that D smart's rep is just a product of him. Besides dealing with Saban Alabama dc is easiest job in college football... Saban runs the D and they have the best players in their league... Its like being Peyton mannings OC #overrated

Not an endorsement of Kirby Smart, because I think the new DC needs to come from the pro ranks...

But I used to have the same opinion about Will Muschamp when he was Saban's DC at LSU, and he's turned into a pretty hot commodity and respected defensive mind.. Those aren't Steve Spurrier or Urban Meyer's Gators anymore... they were 3rd in the country (as much as I hated it) on the back of Muschamp's defense.

And by the way, didn't Peyton Manning's OC just become head coach of the Chargers?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom