No trade for wr!?!??? [MERGED][NOW LOCKED] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to add another WR. Would have loved to get Emanuel Sanders. We have nothing after CGM. Nevertheless, although there appeared to be a couple of coverage sacks, the front line was
I wanted to add another WR. Would have loved to get Emanuel Sanders. We have nothing after CGM. Nevertheless, although there appeared to be a couple of coverage sacks, the front line was beat like a drum all day. I think today’s issue, on both sides of the ball, was the line of scrimmage.....especially on offense.
The Falcons physically
beat like a drum all day. I think today’s issue, on both sides of the ball, was the line of scrimmage.....especially on offense.
The Falcons physically dominated today. Just beat the Saints like a drum.

that's story #1. Not sure this receiver would have helped with that as much as running the ball and using play action would have, to slow down the rush.

We could certainly use another legit playmaker. But that’s not the reason the team got embarrassed in all phases.

Last edited:
ONLY way to get help this late in the season is off the practice squad. preferably not ours.... PS players have dressed all year in pads and are in game shape. No Dez this year. No ab, and probably no one else in the media

The Falcons physically dominated today. Just beat the Saints like a drum.

that's story #1. Not sure this receiver would have helped with that as much as running the ball and using play action have, to slow down the rush.

We could certainly use another legit playmaker. But that’s not the reason tge team got embarrassed in all phases.

We are more on the same page than I initially thought. At least you can admit outside of CGM we need help. But like you I am not going to pretend for a second that lack of a proven WR outside Mike was our only problem today, we had a laundry list. And playcalling was very 06, just keep throwing when the trenches were being lost is a recipe for disaster. Hadn't seen Payton abandon the run like that in ages and we weren't even down by more than one score the majority of the game until late. We wet the bed in a multitude of areas, gameplan, coaching, in game adjustments, line blocking, route running, dropsies, im gonna stop now before I get riled up again lol

Our o line played bad today. No doubt about it. But they’ve proven they can be one of the best units in the league. I have no doubt they’ll pick things back up. Our WR core on the other hand has proved to be lacklustre for a while now. It’s let us down in the past, and mark my words it will be the downfall of this team.

ONLY way to get help this late in the season is off the practice squad. preferably not ours.... PS players have dressed all year in pads and are in game shape. No Dez this year. No ab, and probably no one else in the media
This is peoples point. We’ve had chances to improve it, and we haven’t. We missed our chance. Now we have to settle for scrubs off FA or unproven and undrafted FA. Which is one of the reasons we have lacked depth at that position for a while now.

Our o line played bad today. No doubt about it. But they’ve proven they can be one of the best units in the league. I have no doubt they’ll pick things back up. Our WR core on the other hand has proved to be lacklustre for a while now. It’s let us down in the past, and mark my words it will be the downfall of this team.
If you want to right tge ship and build confidence and slow down the rush, run the ball.

Bush league rookie mistake from Payton today to not adjust and stick with that to the point of predictability.

It is no doubt the weakest link on this team. Although the O line played horrible they are still one of the best in the league. Some again were coverage sacks which is on the WR totally. That 1-7 defense was missing it's best corner and we made them look like Deion was still playing. Look what happened when Lat went out lol. Took one whole play and Jones is running to the end zone down the sideline for a huge gain. But were stuck like chuck at this point in the season they dropped the ball in FA and offseason meanwhile Sanu signs with NE and Sanders with the other threat in the NFC the niners. Pretty dumb and complacent when we had no business being that way in the first place. Writing was on the wall last year. The other areas that were terrible today are certainly correctable, the playcalling gameplan offensive line all will be better not gonna write that off after one game and no doubt that will improve. The WR core again were stuck, just hope it doesn't lead to another post season disappointment but it's looking that way we are talking about a Payton led Saints offense that cannot score or get 1st downs and relying solely on defense to win games. This is uncharted territory in the Payton era and a very very easy offense to defend

If you want to right tge ship and build confidence and slow down the rush, run the ball.

Bush league rookie mistake from Payton today to not adjust and stick with that to the point of predictability.
We can run the ball all you want, but our WR core is still weak. Yes we should of run the ball more.

When Marcus Williams got the pick, we targeted cook 3 times even when he was covered because nobody else was open. And we had too punt. It’s an all too familiar sight.

Every WR not named Thomas has 29 catches for 390 yards and only 2 TDs. In 9 games that’s 3.2 catches a game for 43 yards. All the WRs combined are having what most #2 WRs would call a bad season.

Even an idiot like me can see the WR group needs help. There is a glaring lack of talent outside of Thomas. It’s why Brees and Bridgewater drops back and just holds the ball. Cover Thomas and the TE and the Saints offense is shut down.
He's our #1 and featured accordingly. We also have other receiving options but unfortunately they didn't create separation today.

Give it up on this #2 #3 crap. I mean seriously. The Pats do it without big name receivers and they have success, case-in-point. It's all about coaching. Open your mind.

He's our #1 and featured accordingly. We also have other receiving options but unfortunately they didn't create separation today.

Give it up on this #2 #3 crap. I mean seriously. The Pats do it without big name receivers and they have success, case-in-point. It's all about coaching. Open your mind.

Their WRs beyond the first catch more than 3 catches a game. I’ll open my mind when the WRs catch a football more than once a game each.

Their WRs beyond the first catch more than 3 catches a game. I’ll open my mind when the WRs catch a football more than once a game each.
....because they have a great offensive line. Thomas is the first read and also a very talented athlete. That doesn't matter when we don't have time to throw or we don't make the right decisions.

Today's game isn't a receiver problem. It was a bad game plan, an off-day for Brees, and bad offensive line play. Quit talking about our receiving corps... JUST STOP.

....because they have a great offensive line. Thomas is the first read and also a very talented athlete. That doesn't matter when we don't have time to throw or we don't make the right decisions.

Today's game isn't a receiver problem. It was a bad game plan, an off-day for Brees, and bad offensive line play. Quit talking about our receiving corps... JUST STOP.

So Brees, and previous to that Bridgewater, standing in the pocket for 6-7 seconds at a time isn’t a WR problem? There were plenty of plays where Brees had plenty of time, but no one could get open against a bottom 3 pass defense with their starting CB out.

If Thomas doesn’t get open, no one gets open because the other WR not named Thomas are invisible.

Lol the Pats signed Sanu , have Amendola and had Josh gordon earlier in the year. Name me one receiver outside CGM thats producing, I'll wait while you brain fart. So yeah you please stop with the stupid WR talk. It's funny it was the only position our FO pursued before the trade deadline, the only one. Our FO must be crazy too

/ S

So Brees, and previous to that Bridgewater, standing in the pocket for 6-7 seconds at a time isn’t a WR problem? There were plenty of plays where Brees had plenty of time, but no one could get open against a bottom 3 pass defense with their starting CB out.

If Thomas doesn’t get open, no one gets open because the other WR not named Thomas are invisible.

You must be part of the contingent that thought this game would be a cake-walk? Who cares about stats going into it, it was a divisional game and against the Falcons at that. How can Brees go from hitting 10+ different receivers in the Cardinals game but not in this game? Did you feel this way after that game? This falls on the coaches and lack of execution on the ENTIRE OFFENSE, not just the receivers. You're smarter than this, c'mon.

You must be part of the contingent that thought this game would be a cake-walk? Who cares about stats going into it, it was a divisional game and against the Falcons at that. How can Brees go from hitting 10+ different receivers in the Cardinals game but not in this game? Did you feel this way after that game? This falls on the coaches and lack of execution on the ENTIRE OFFENSE, not just the receivers. You're smarter than this, c'mon.

Most of those catches were to running backs, Thomas, and Tight Ends. The WRs not named Thomas had 5 catches. Taysom Hill had more catches and yards out of the TE position than Ginn.

Even in games where the offense is rolling the WR corps doesn’t show up.

And I think it’s been established that I’m a moron, so what the heck do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom