No trade for wr!?!??? [MERGED][NOW LOCKED] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing how something so obvious can even be debated. The front office knows it, the majority of football fans know it, I listen to announcers like Aikman who say someone needs to take pressure off CGM, it is just a very select few of fans who are in the dark either don't see it or can't admit it. Most of their join dates are 2018 or later lmao should tell you something

You must be part of the contingent that thought this game would be a cake-walk? Who cares about stats going into it, it was a divisional game and against the Falcons at that. How can Brees go from hitting 10+ different receivers in the Cardinals game but not in this game? Did you feel this way after that game? This falls on the coaches and lack of execution on the ENTIRE OFFENSE, not just the receivers. You're smarter than this, c'mon.
You sir are an idiot....Don't ignore the problem before it ends our season this year....

This was a dumpster fire of a game all around and might just be an aberration, but having Emmanuel Sanders on the roster would make me feel a lot better about the future.

I think there is a silver lining: The O line cannot play much worse.
But the dark cloud is that the Saints came out and STAYED flat footed AT HOME, AFTER A BYE, AGAINST A HATED NFC SOUTH opponent!

The proof will be in how they rebound....

Lol the Pats signed Sanu , have Amendola and had Josh gordon earlier in the year. Name me one receiver outside CGM thats producing, I'll wait while you brain fart. So yeah you please stop with the stupid WR talk. It's funny it was the only position our FO pursued before the trade deadline, the only one. Our FO must be crazy too

/ S
Winner winner

You sir are an idiot....Don't ignore the problem before it ends our season this year....
What would you think can be done about it?

Use more Taysom Hill?

Again, it has very little to do with the beat down today, though it could well stop hope of a championship.

If you dont have any WR why are you throwing 45 tines and running 11?? Even CGM is not a vertical threat.

Work the running backs, screens, short passes methodically. Still the best chance using both Murray and Kamara.

That will beat ATL but yes eventually you will need sone vertical plays but I don’t know where they are supposed to come from. No one is available. Is what it is.

Most of those catches were to running backs, Thomas, and Tight Ends. The WRs not named Thomas had 5 catches. Taysom Hill had more catches and yards out of the TE position than Ginn.

Even in games where the offense is rolling the WR corps doesn’t show up.

And I think it’s been established that I’m a moron, so what the heck do I know?
I'm going to agree with you. Sometimes you can scheme up a great game plan to generate receptions from your Backs, Tight End Group. Especially on Screens, play action (when the run is working) and creative play calls when they struggle matching personnel.

Some games though the opposing Defenses will not be fooled by those types of plays, especially teams with good speedy cover Linebackers and Safeties that can match-up with your Running backs man to man. They will trust their Safeties and Linebackers to buzz the Flats and Hook Zones (where Backs, and Tight Ends usually run their routes) That's when you need your WRs to just straight up beat their DBs mano-a-mano. Your 3rd WR should be able to beat their Nickelback, 4th option beat their 4th DB.. so on so forth.

This has been a problem going back to the Second half of last season Dallas game onwards, this was even an issue when Teddy was starting (remember people complaining about Teddy holding onto the ball too much? Jax, Dal games) Hate seeing the closing seconds of these last two games with the picture of Mike Thomas completely spent, gassed, gasping air, clutching his knee, laying on the ground having given 110% effort to carry the Offense, with so little help after him in that group.

....because they have a great offensive line. Thomas is the first read and also a very talented athlete. That doesn't matter when we don't have time to throw or we don't make the right decisions.

Today's game isn't a receiver problem. It was a bad game plan, an off-day for Brees, and bad offensive line play. Quit talking about our receiving corps... JUST STOP.
Nope, we won’t stop talking about or WR corps. After Marcus Williams got that interception, we we 3 & out. Brees had time too throw. He targeted Cook on each pass, all of which cook was covered. Nobody else was open either. The WR core is a problem. You may not realise this until we lose in the playoffs cos MT gets marked out the game, again.

You must be part of the contingent that thought this game would be a cake-walk? Who cares about stats going into it, it was a divisional game and against the Falcons at that. How can Brees go from hitting 10+ different receivers in the Cardinals game but not in this game? Did you feel this way after that game? This falls on the coaches and lack of execution on the ENTIRE OFFENSE, not just the receivers. You're smarter than this, c'mon.
It comes down to match-ups and personnel... teams with Fast sideline to sideline Linebackers and good cover Safeties are a bad match-up for the Saints Offense because they limit what their Backs and Tight Ends can do in the passing game.

Any coincidence these are the teams the Saints have struggled scoring on the most?

Dallas (Jaylon Smith, Vander Esch, Dion Lewis matches with AK on passing downs)
Minnesota (Anthony Barr, Harrison Smith)
Atlanta (Deion Jones, Ricardo Allen, and Kazee)

so many of us forgot how big of a game wrecker Deion Jones is against us.. He missed both games last season and it ended up being a sweep for the Saints. He has greatly impacted the games he has been healthy for.

Upgrade wr and I guarantee you today's result is completely different. Brees always finds guys when open. Ginn is past his prime and Smith is practice squad material ....

Lol they still can't name one WR outside CGM thats producing, not one. Even the TE has been a major disappointment which pushed the FO to pursue someone, a fair deal wasn't reached and the Saints offense has been scoring 9 and 12 pt games. Since when has that ever been the norm under Payton??? When all the facts, stats, and front office is on one side of this argument I'd feel pretty clueless if i was on the opposite side

....because they have a great offensive line. Thomas is the first read and also a very talented athlete. That doesn't matter when we don't have time to throw or we don't make the right decisions.

Today's game isn't a receiver problem. It was a bad game plan, an off-day for Brees, and bad offensive line play. Quit talking about our receiving corps... JUST STOP.
Just ignore the problem right? That's the perfect solution. There will be games when we can't run the ball as good and you have to rely on the wrs. Our line maybe didn't play the best game but that's cause guys aren't getting open. Brees had noone open bottom line...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom