Nobody puts Taysom in the corner (1 Viewer)

If you can, go back and watch that game. Very telling the changes in personnel and the first play called, was a rollout to the left, which also was the short side of the field. Even the announcers mentioned the changes in personnel and made a "too bad for Hill" comment. The play calling went downhill after that.

And maybe failure is too harsh a word, but rather not look so good: I believe the QB decision was made prior to preseason.

But it doesn't matter now... still, Taysom should've been traded when he had some value. The gimmick plays have come very predictable and hardly productive.
Poor Taysom had to play with backups like Jameis did in Game 1. So unfair....😩

Fellow Who Dat’s, like it or not we are seeing what Jameis is. The belief that CSP was going to turn him into an MVP caliber QB just isn’t going to happen. He will have a good game here or there, but mostly it’s going to be what we’ve seen the last 2 weeks. All those yards and TD passes he had in Tampa was because he was a gunslinger. He was over aggressive and made risky throws. Sometimes it worked out, 30+ TDS, sometimes it didn’t, 30+ INTS. CSP has cut down on the aggressiveness which is why his yardage is down. The problem is whenever Jameis gets pressured he immediately reverts back to his natural instinct and puts the ball up for grabs. It just is what it is at this point, but I’ll be there every week cheering my boys on no matter what. Who Dat!
He is who he is, just in a Saints uniform. It's not bad but for the people who think Winston is going to be something he's not are the ones celebrating whatever glimmer of hope that fits their narrative about him, I'm sure this was what it's like to of been a Bucs fan when Winston was there

Fellow Who Dat’s, like it or not we are seeing what Jameis is. The belief that CSP was going to turn him into an MVP caliber QB just isn’t going to happen. He will have a good game here or there, but mostly it’s going to be what we’ve seen the last 2 weeks. All those yards and TD passes he had in Tampa was because he was a gunslinger. He was over aggressive and made risky throws. Sometimes it worked out, 30+ TDS, sometimes it didn’t, 30+ INTS. CSP has cut down on the aggressiveness which is why his yardage is down. The problem is whenever Jameis gets pressured he immediately reverts back to his natural instinct and puts the ball up for grabs. It just is what it is at this point, but I’ll be there every week cheering my boys on no matter what. Who Dat!

Even if Payton is a QB wisperer, I don't think it's reasonable to expect Payton to flip a switch, and poof, Winston is a HOF QB. Yes, Jameis is who he is. But, that doesn't mean that Payton can't work with him to improve his game. All you can "reasonably" expect is a gradual improvement, and hopefully Winston is better at the end of the season than the beginning.

Even if Payton is a QB wisperer, I don't think it's reasonable to expect Payton to flip a switch, and poof, Winston is a HOF QB. Yes, Jameis is who he is. But, that doesn't mean that Payton can't work with him to improve his game. All you can "reasonably" expect is a gradual improvement, and hopefully Winston is better at the end of the season than the beginning.
This! People that don’t think Payton can improve Winston’s game over time do not understand coaching what-so-ever.

Is Winston the long term answer, after 3 games I’d say of course not. But he’s certainly the best NFL QB on our roster right now and that isn’t changing this season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom