Nola Coaches plan Boycott of LSU (1 Viewer)

You

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In the wake of the demotion of and now departed Jabbar Juluke, several New Orleans black head coaches are planning a meeting tomorrow night (thrs) to discuss a possible boycott of LSU. They are upset at the way Orgeron handled the situation in that he kept Juluke around through signing day to make it appear as though he intended to keep him around. Juluke was responsible for the New Orleans area recruiting and helped bring in Narcisse and others.

Stay tuned.

reporting by : ryan Phillips and orig posted on thebiglead.com.

I wonder why Juluke was demoted?
Did Juluke only recruit at these schools?
Why do these coaches think they have a say so in what goes on at LSU?

I wonder why Juluke was demoted?
Did Juluke only recruit at these schools?
Why do these coaches think they have a say so in what goes on at LSU?

I wonder if LSU losing these in state guys, especially to Bama, had anything to do with it.

I can only speculate that Juluke was liked by some of these guys and they feel as though he got played by Orgeron.

Supposedly, Orgeron has folks lined up to address it in hopes that he can keep the situation under control.

I'm sure the hiring of Mickey Joseph pacified them.

Word is that Texas Tech has asked about Juluke.

Good on Jabbar. Hopefully this silly business where HS coaches are not putting the interests of their kids ahead of their personal feelings and pettiness is over.

Looks like coaches still plan to meet tomorrow but Orgeron amd Joseph are engaged with the situation. Looks to me like some just feel the need for special consideration.

Ed Orgeron, Mickey Joseph working to smooth things over with New Orleans-area coaches | NOLA.com
I have read that this is a somewhat regular meeting where the discuss 7-on-7 teams, spring/summer camps, etc. to collaborate and pool resources. This "boycott" is just another topic to be discussed. I have also heard that a couple of schools (including Landry-Walker) have said they will not be attending. I think this whole boycott thing is being overblown by the media. No more recruiting, spring ball is a few weeks away, etc so nothing much to talk about right now.

Boycotting LSU would be a dumb move on the part of the HS coaches.

Meanwhile in Shreveport...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I will not be attending college in Louisiana.</p>&mdash; Justin Rogers (@_justinrogers) <a href="https://twitter.com/_justinrogers/status/829184142592077826">February 8, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Having mutual feelings.... &#129335;&#127998;*&#9794;&#65039;&#129318;&#127998;*&#9794;&#65039; <a href="https://t.co/tiDJ8Kz8QY">https://t.co/tiDJ8Kz8QY</a></p>&mdash; Terrace Marshall Jr. (@TerraceMJR) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerraceMJR/status/829186326385795072">February 8, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Orgeron works for LSU, not Craig and Juluke. Firing coaches and coaches moving on after signing day isn't new. It's a pretty common occurrence. Sarkisian waited until after signing day to leave Bama. Craig left Auburn after signing day. JaJuan Seider left WVU for UF after signing day. Stan Drayton left OSU for the Bears after signing day. Peveto was let go by Miles the first time after signing day. These were not spur of the moment decisions, but moves that were in the works well before signing day. Sometimes their promotions; Sometimes they're terminations. regardless they're kept quite to avoid negative impacts to recruiting.

You commit to a school not a coach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom