NOLA.com running live mock draft now.. (1 Viewer)

For you guys out there wanting the Saints to take Rivers at #10 it aint gonna happen IMO! There is just no way the Saints can take him that high. Get ready folks if the Saints stay at 10# and neither DT's fall the Saints will take DRC at #10 without question in my book.

i wouldnt be surprised if they take drc this staff loves small school players, but then i wouldnt be surprised at who they pick because im expecting the unexpected. you never know who's going to fall in the draft and we all know our staff is going bpa. in the back of my mind im still chanting drc, drc, drc, drc:hihi:

19. Philadelphia Eagles -- Texas WR Limas Sweed
Young: Sweed's only need? Speed...and his performance at the combine has answered the big thing scouts have questioned about him. He's huge at 6'4", 215, and reminds me of Marques Colston. Philly has lacked a big, go-to WR since Terrell Owens left town. With Sweed, Philly hopes they are getting T.O. talent without the attitude, since the Texas product is considered a high-character guy. Plus, after the Eagles traded away their number one last year and took QB Kevin Kolb in the 2nd round, it might be a good move to make Donovan McNabb happy this time around.

Nice to see MC getting some luv....

If Gholston falls to #10 this board is going to implode... because I would bet my life that he'd be the pick. And before you say "We alread have DE's"... remember Will Smith is a FA next year... and we have gone this route before.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Kansas CB Aqib Talib
Gladow: I can't say that he's at the top of my board for cornerbacks, but there really isn't a whole lot seperating him from the other top coverage guys in this draft, so he becomes a value choice at the bottom of the round. With the way the Steelers covered the pass last year (that is to say, not at all), it makes perfect sense for them to take Talib here. Plus, you've also got to remember that the Steelers tend to draft for need better than most of their opponents -- making Talib an even more logical choice.

Bad pick, I fully expect them to go O-line....with Faneca leaving and the problems they had last year.

If Gholston falls to #10 this board is going to implode... because I would bet my life that he'd be the pick. And before you say "We alread have DE's"... remember Will Smith is a FA next year... and we have gone this route before.

The Saints can't get that lucky! He would be the no-brainer pick at 10, yes even over DRC.

Great to see that the Saints went with DRC in this mock.....an excellent pick!

31. New York Giants -- Penn St. LB Dan Connor
Hernandez III: Connor is in the top 15 players on NFLDraftscout.com's list, and he's the best option for a team that needs tons of linebackers. His presence could make a good defense even better. Early Doucett was another good option, and the Giants could also use help in the middle of their offensive line, but Connor is the smartest call.

Looks like Connor isn't so much of a reach at 10. We certainly qualify as a team that needs a ton of linebackers.

This draft has some very questionable picks....Brohm to the Bucs? Tampa would implode.

It was just a bunch of sports writers. It's food for thought, I guess.

Draft day seems like it's still a year away..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom