NOLA.com running live mock draft now.. (1 Viewer)

DRC at 10...Part of me says that he is the best physical specimen in the draft at his position and part of me says that he may be the biggest risk in the first round. No risk, no reward...like the pick.

[Comment From Jim Haslett]
Glad I convinced Sean and Mickey to agree with me.

That was my humor. (remember guys like Cie Grant and Sedrick Hodge? Great numbers, bad football)

2nd round has to be the WLB. Who will be available there?

What I think a lot of people fail to understand about the draft is that we are not drafting just for the 2008 season. Yes, as others have said, you can't have great corners without a great pass rush, but at the same time you don't pass on a player if you think he is special simply because you currently may have another need going into THAT season.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a stupid question...but is it pronounced Dominic or Domineeke and why is his name hyphonated? Did he get married??

I'm realizing that I'd be more comfortable with Rivers as the pick. I have no doubt he would contribute this season, and for many seasons down the road. With any of the CBs, you probably have to wait a while for solid contribution.

Rivers went to Buffalo in the mock.

The Ellis pick makes no sense for Baltimore, but a lot of sense for Cincy.

I'd be fine with DRC. Anyone saying he is a workout warrior is not accurate. From what I know, he dominated his competition and he played extremely well at the Senior Bowl. The guy can actually play to go with is great measurables.

Rivers is THE most overrated player in the draft. He has been sliding, sliding, sliding...in fact I don't think he goes in the top 15.

2nd round has to be the WLB. Who will be available there?

Why? You don't think DT is a much bigger need than WLB? I think the talent is greater at DT, in the second round, than at WLB.

I do think DT is a bigger need, but I have been convinced (by others) that the LB class is deeper this year and the DT you'd get in the 3rd isn't so far off what you'd get in the 2nd. Are they right? I don't know.. hope Loomis knows.

Maybe it is like a Jones-Drew thing..... He changed his name his last year in college to show his mothers maiden name

...as a tribute to his grandfather.

[Comment From Jim Haslett]
Glad I convinced Sean and Mickey to agree with me.

That was my humor. (remember guys like Cie Grant and Sedrick Hodge? Great numbers, bad football)

I don't understand how you can group DRC with those guys based on having a great combine. DRC is a FCS All American and with his limited "exposure" was projected to be a 1st/2nd round pick prior to the combine. The Combine just confirmed he has the #'s to back it up. In addition to being a CB (and addressing a future need), he could be used as a return threat in special teams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom