Non-current title you're currently playing? (1 Viewer)

uproar90

Carpathian Warlock
Reaction score
We all know you're playing AC2, L4D2, MW2, etc. but what other obscure game(s) do you have in your stack that you've played recently, or plan on taking out to replay soon?

When I got my first 360, the only deal I could find was @ Walmart.com, and I had to get 6 games with the console as a package deal... One of the titles I chose was Gun.

It was one of the first games I played on my new console, and the graphics were so much better than I had been accustomed to seeing. It might not even begin to compare to most of the current games, but I had fun with it, and never once consider trading it in because I knew I'd want to play it again some time.

I took it out a few days ago and started back into the story.

I tried to determine if I was just biased b/c it was one of the 1st games on my new console, and maybe my judgment was cloudy for that reason, but I checked a few sites and it had good to impressive ratings depending on where I checked.

Next I'll move onto Prey and Far Cry (both were purchased used, and never played).

Anyone else? Got an old game you're replaying, or considering and think the rest of us might enjoy it?

-mike

Not that old, but I play Civ Revolution now and then. I like the Mario series if I'm really hungover.

Final Fantasy 12, Suikoden, Final Fantasy Tactics, Chess.

When I got my PS2, I bought the obligatory titles that I thought every PS2 owner needed to have... Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, etc.

I had so much trouble getting into both of those games... I was so accustomed to real time RPG battles vs. turn based. I couldn't STAND it. Then Metal Gear Solid... What? I'm supposed to sneak around instead of going in guns blazing? whatever...

But FF12? Is that still turn based? or...?

And Puzzle Quest... Is that like bejewled with an RPG-like story line?

Not that old, but I play Civ Revolution now and then. I like the Mario series if I'm really hungover.

Mario series as in Super Mario Bros. 1-4? Or other Mario's? I know there are roughly 30 of them now (bowsers something or other, Warioland, etc...)

I may disappoint some of you, but I must admit that I do have a Wii... We bought it some time back when it was the cool thing to do (I think I got it b/c I went to Toys R Us one day and they had them in stock when they were impossible to get, so I just got it), but anyway... I've bought Zelda (original), SMB 1-3, etc. and I've been introducing my son to the origins of modern gaming.

I've got about 40 old NES carts as well, and bought a famicon (sp?) about 3 years ago when Gametrader was in Clearview mall. We've been having fun with Metroid, Castlevania, etc.

no FF12 isnt turn based, its just a second or 2 time delay between attacks.

Mario series as in Super Mario Bros. 1-4? Or other Mario's? I know there are roughly 30 of them now (bowsers something or other, Warioland, etc...)

The Wii Mario stuff. I played through all the really old stuff long ago.

Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, The new Super Mario Wii.

The Wario one looks good, too.

Gotcha :9:

I tried it briefly, but couldn't really get into it. May give it a 2nd chance.

Yeah, I suppose it starts out pretty slowly. The combat is pretty much bejeweled+ until you start getting some higher level spells and skills. Once your citadel is decked out and you're capturing enemies, torturing them and stealing their skills, training mounts, and laying siege to cities, it gets to the addictive stage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom