Non-Experts Saints 6th round pick (1 Viewer)

NON EXPERTS SAINT"S 6th ROUND PICK

• Kevin O'Connell QB San Diego St.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Ryan O'Hara QB Central Oklahoma

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Corey Boyd RB South Carolina

• Chauncey Washington RB USC

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Paul Hubbard WR Wisconsin

• Keenan Burton WR Kentucky

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Gary Barnidge TE Louisville

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Craig Stevens TE Cal

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Bobby Byrd OT Washington St.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlton Medler OT Florida

• Kirk Elder OG Texas A&M

• Mike Fladell OG Rutgers

• Doug Legursky C Marshall

• Cody Wallace C Texas A&M

Votes: 17 18.5%
  • Eric Foster DE Rutgers

• Johnny Dingle DE West Virginia

• LeTroy Guion DT Florida St.

• Carlton Powell DT Virginia Tech

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • Thomas Williams LB USC

• Andy Studebaker LB Wheaton

• Zach Bowman CB Nebreska

• Jack Williams CB Kent St.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Caleb Campbell S Army

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • David Roach S TCU

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
So far the saints have drafted
CB Dominique Rodgers Cromartie

DT Pat Sims

ILB Beau Bell

FB/ RB Jacob Hester

Still need

S, TE, OLB, C

So SR. We need you to Vote and tell us why you picked a specific player

Last edited:
I went with Cody Wallace, with consideration given to Carlton Powell, Zach Bowman, Jack Williams, and Keenan Burton.

I just grabbed the first TE that I knew. Barnidge. I haven't been keeping up with the later picks and don't have time to do the research. :)

I've seen Hubbard as a 4th rounder and Burton as a 5th rounder. The only problem is Hubbard is coming off a knee injury. But he's 6'3 220 and runs in the 4.4's.

I voted Guion. I know the Saints have already picked a DT in your version, but this kid is a good prospect. He's raw, and admittedly the numbers he put up at the combine were not anything special, but he's a big strong kid with a lot of potential. As a 6th rounder, he's a good candidate for the PS and for development over the season to become the kind of dominant player his raw talent suggests he could be. He's definitely a sleeper who would not contribute until next season, but I think he's got the stuff that would make it worthwhile taking the chance and the time to develop him.

Very surprised Carlton Powell's on the board. I know I'm a VT homer, but he was a huge part of what made VT's D so succesful over the past couple years (LSU game aside).

I like this guy
<object width="408" height="347"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://static.si.com/pvs2/lib/swf/eplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="408" height="347" allowfullscreen="true" FlashVars="acfg=http://static.si.com/nfldraft08/xml/app_player.xml&scfg=http://static.si.com/nfldraft08/xml/nfldraft08-system.xml&c=Player&p=215789&s=3030962&i="> </embed> </object>

I went with Jack Williams. He is the best player remaining on the board and has the most upside. The only knock on Williams is he lacks "ideal size", but he more than makes up for it with ball skills and instincts. According to Mike D, "Williams isn't as big or as physical as former Kent State and 2007 Saints 3rd round pick Usama Young, but to be honest he is a better technician and he has better ball reaction skills and coverage instincts."

Dingle, Burton, and Powell also got consideration, but Williams upside made this almost a no-brainer for me.

i see Dingle is available, did Berry come out, cause i'd take them both as a 2 for 1 deal...i'd love to have Dingle Berry Together again....

Attachments

• DingleBerry.jpg
    DingleBerry.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 70
Zach Bowman was rated as the top returning CB before last season, but he tore his ACL during spring practice. He has since run in the 4.3-4.4 range and he is over 6 feet tall.

So I just rewatched the combine for the TEs and I like Craig Stevens as a blocking TE, but not a catching TE. He's "OK" at catching. In the gauntlet he let the balls get into is body A LOT more than the good hands TEs, so he either needs some work there or will be just a blocking TE.

I didn't see Barnidge at all there (did he participate?) but his output seems to be good. I just don't think he's going to be a good blocker...

So it's the typical question. Do you want a blocking TE or a pass catching TE?

My UDFA special that could turn out to be a good all around TE is:

Kolo Kapanui Scouting Report - 2008 NFL Draft Prospect

He looked GOOD in the drills and seemed to catch the ball very naturally. BIG dood.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom