Non-Partisan anti prohibition league (1 Viewer)

wnelson

Who Dat Nation
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Or something like that

Louisiana finally joins the modern age and allows for the infrastructure to manufacture and dispense medical marijuana which should lead to total decriminalization of the plant itself

Today I went to buy cbd from the ra shop and apparently it became illegal again to sell in Louisiana as of yesterday

I will no longer vote for a candidate who doesn't support full legalization... Not local, state or federal

I think it's time to have the government, in 2019, explain and defend their ridiculous positions especially with cbd.

I"m curious how Florida's recent change to MM by finally allowing smoke-able MM will affect access and price.

CBD oil, and some low grade THC/CBD vapes have done a lot of positive things for my wife's condition. We'll see how much of it is placebo effect, but overall it seems to be helping.

Part of the issue with CBD, is that some companies aren't great at removing THC from it. It's not regulated.

I'm all about Medical Marijuana. I'm a bit more skeptical on just having any Marijuana legal. I prefer it being controlled/regulated/safe. However, I also like lower prices.

At some point, someone needs to file suit against a state that doesn't allow you to travel with your own legal MM and get this process going for all 50 states.

I just looked.. 3.5 grams is $33. Is that a good price? haha.

What exactly is this CBD oil? I understand that it is somehow extracted from the plant but what does it do for you. Is it purchased because it gets you high or because of medicinal purposes?

Or something like that

Louisiana finally joins the modern age and allows for the infrastructure to manufacture and dispense medical marijuana which should lead to total decriminalization of the plant itself

Today I went to buy cbd from the ra shop and apparently it became illegal again to sell in Louisiana as of yesterday

I will no longer vote for a candidate who doesn't support full legalization... Not local, state or federal

I think it's time to have the government, in 2019, explain and defend their ridiculous positions especially with cbd.
The reasons MM and regularl weed aren’t legal are big pharma and the for-profit prison industry. Overthrow those 2 and both MM and recreational marijuana will be legal, as they should be. Big pharma is terrified of us taking control of our medicines and using products that by design do not cause a physical and psychological dependency.

The for profit prison system needs to be destroyed, period.

What exactly is this CBD oil? I understand that it is somehow extracted from the plant but what does it do for you. Is it purchased because it gets you high or because of medicinal purposes?

Zero repeat zero THC. It's the medicinal part of the plant without the intoxocant.

I use it for PTSD.

I agree that all forms of Marijuana should be legal but regulated and taxed. Just like alcohol.
It's is ridiculous that we live in a country that sells alcohol and tobacco legally while there is literally no positive side effects and lots of negative effects. States that have legalized it have proved that it can be administered safely and logically and also increase state revenues. It helps people, creates jobs, helps the economy, and increases revenue. What's not to like? Now it needs to be implemented safely and correctly, but can be a positive to our society.

As for CBD oil, I don't know much but here are a few links I found with a simple google search. More research and studies need to be conducted but we shouldn't rule it out just because of common misconceptions about Marijuana.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/cbd-oil-benefits

https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/news/20180507/cbd-oil-all-the-rage-but-is-it-safe-effective#1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabidiol

https://www.projectcbd.org/

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317221.php

No high. If anything, it can sort of metabolize thc.

My wife uses it to regulate IBS from a gluten intolerance and stress. Just a few drops during the day and night.

She uses a 1:1 ratio of cbd:thc hybrid blend (sativa and indica) at night to relax, sleep, and as a muscle relaxer. Her neck/shoulders would lock up almost once a month, for years. We even did trigger point injections. The MM has proven helpful.

She has an autoimmune disorder.

Zero repeat zero THC. It's the medicinal part of the plant without the intoxocant.

I use it for PTSD.

It's not quite that simple. The federal law basically removes hemp from schedule I coverage - and defines hemp as marijuana-based product from plants with less than .03 percent THC. And that's the rub, as under Louisiana law all marijuana-based products are illegal as they may have trace quantities of THC (at least that's how the LA authorities are presenting it).

Sometimes federal law preempts state law and sometimes it doesn't. Typically when federal law "permits" certain activity but doesn't protect or guarantee it, it doesn't impact state law. So where federal law makes hemp (THC<.03%) legal under federal law (because it is no longer illegal under the CSA), it doesn't mean that every American has a federal right to it. It only permits that activity under federal law but has no bearing on state law - so it does not function to make legal activity that is otherwise illegal in a given state. Federal authorities won't prosecute it , but state authorities can. (And Louisiana isn't the only state where this is happening).

It's actually the opposite of what happens with more potent strains that are legal in some states under state law. The federal CSA still prohibits those plants and products and as law as that federal law is viable (under the Commerce Clause power, for instance), those plants and products are illegal under federal law and may be prosecuted by federal authorities anywhere.

We bought CBD oil here in DFW on Saturday from a reputable place in order for my daughter to use it. She has a stomach issue every morning where she's been having really bad acid reflux and throwing up. Since then she hasn't been sick and has been able to eat in the morning where she wasn't able to before.

tumblr_m4mo6c7w0L1qgple6o1_500.gif

we-would-like-to-congratulate-drugs-for-winning-the-war-5436383.png

It's not quite that simple. The federal law basically removes hemp from schedule I coverage - and defines hemp as marijuana-based product from plants with less than .03 percent THC. And that's the rub, as under Louisiana law all marijuana-based products are illegal as they may have trace quantities of THC (at least that's how the LA authorities are presenting it).

Sometimes federal law preempts state law and sometimes it doesn't. Typically when federal law "permits" certain activity but doesn't protect or guarantee it, it doesn't impact state law. So where federal law makes hemp (THC<.03%) legal under federal law (because it is no longer illegal under the CSA), it doesn't mean that every American has a federal right to it. It only permits that activity under federal law but has no bearing on state law - so it does not function to make legal activity that is otherwise illegal in a given state. Federal authorities won't prosecute it , but state authorities can. (And Louisiana isn't the only state where this is happening).

It's actually the opposite of what happens with more potent strains that are legal in some states under state law. The federal CSA still prohibits those plants and products and as law as that federal law is viable (under the Commerce Clause power, for instance), those plants and products are illegal under federal law and may be prosecuted by federal authorities anywhere.

That reminds me, everything I've stated is.. um.. Hypothetical.

Also, many CDB oils can have up to 1/16th THC, for MM places, at least in ratio to CBD. Now, out of the total oil, it would be less. So, that's roughly 0.0625, or 6.25%.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom