Non Saints Storylines for 2021 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What happens with Aaron Rodgers?

Is this the year Tom Brady falls off a cliff or is the genie from the lamp he rubbed still granting wishes?

Are Cleveland and Buffalo legit good for real now or was last year just a fluke?

Which team/QB wins the Matt Stafford-Jared Goff Trade?

Will Atlanta be drafting top 5 or top 10?

Sadly this is now non Saints - How will Drew Brees be in the booth?

Rodgers really pulled a Stone Cold Steve Austin. Let's see if he legit retires or show up at training camp.

I think he shows up.

The Rodgers situation fractured the fanbase and will do the same to the team the longer it plays out. During the voluntary team activities, it was cool for the WRs to stand with the QB. Now, everyone is there except Rodgers. Their best chance at a successful season with SB aspirations is with Rodgers leading that team and the players know that, so what he does affects them. Eventually, that will cause issues. Adams had a comment yesterday about coming up from nothing and not about to forfeit money. That may not have been a direct shot, but that was a shot at players not showing up to OTAs with his QB being the high profile player to fall into that category.

Who knows what happens with Brady. TB12 does wonders, like The Clear and The Cream for Bonds when he should have declined like most players, he got better.

Cleveland and Buffalo are legit. Cleveland has been building and they have a leader at QB. They were hyped a season early in 2019, but 2020 was no joke. They're ready to battle in that division with Pitt and Baltimore. Cincy is making the right moves lately so that division may end up one of the tougher divisions to win for the foreseeable future. Buffalo's timing is perfect. They have their QB and have built a strong team to take over the AFC East now that Brady is gone, the Jets are the Jets and the Dolphins are up and coming, but still behind the Bills.

The Goff/Stafford situation is weird. I don't mind Stafford nor the Lions, but really didn't like Goff and the Rams. Now they've switched teams. I'll still always root against the Rams.

How does a healthy Pitts fit in now that Julio is gone. Supposedly Pitts is going to like up at X sometimes playing a WR/TE hybrid role. It will be interesting. Maybe not picking top 10, but top 16.

Brees has been good at everything he does. He'll own the booth.

I’m interested to see how the Bills Mafia treats Satan Goodell. Apparently, he’s forcing Buffalo’s hand about building a new stadium. If not, he will see to it that they get relocated. I hope someone slams him through a table

I’m interested to see how the Bills Mafia treats Satan Goodell. Apparently, he’s forcing Buffalo’s hand about building a new stadium. If not, he will see to it that they get relocated. I hope someone slams him through a table
I dont see Buffalo ever getting relocated. Known people from Buffalo and they say that the population strongly supports the Bills.

I doubt city officials will let it get to the point where the team has to relocate. Without Bills football, im sure the towns economy would suffer in ways not imagined or thought of.

I’d go with just unrest among QBs in general. Will the NFL put its foot down or will these guys start to be able to move like NBA players.

I dont see Buffalo ever getting relocated. Known people from Buffalo and they say that the population strongly supports the Bills.

I doubt city officials will let it get to the point where the team has to relocate. Without Bills football, im sure the towns economy would suffer in ways not imagined or thought of.
I thought the same thing, but I was listening to Sports AM radio today and it seems like Goodell has been pushing them for awhile now, but he’s turning up the heat.

This is from pre-pandemic. But they said he has re-ignited the push

Plus, people here in Charlotte are hoping that David Tepper doesn’t choose to build a new stadium in South Carolina. There’s a theory that the area of Rock Hill is “paying him off” somehow.

Even with a diminished Brady TB is odds on to repeat through the NFC. They should cruze through the NFC South. Atl is garbage and Carolina and the Saints are both in weird not full rebuilding modes. We both have dynamic game changing RBs but huge questions at QBs as both are trying to resurrect less than stellar careers. Yeah TB will roll through the South.

Even with a diminished Brady TB is odds on to repeat through the NFC. They should cruze through the NFC South. Atl is garbage and Carolina and the Saints are both in weird not full rebuilding modes. We both have dynamic game changing RBs but huge questions at QBs as both are trying to resurrect less than stellar careers. Yeah TB will roll through the South.

way too many variables to make that claim, not the least of which is how will the Bucs handle success. There are still a lot of big egos in that building.

I can't remember a year with more intrigue at the QB position. You have the dramatic scene playing out in Green Bay, Brady versus time, the Watson saga in Houston, etc. We're entering a new era of QBs with talented young guys all over the league.

The biggest story has to be what happens with Rodgers and Green Bay. I don't like the Packers and I can't stand Aaron Rodgers. He's up there with Cam Newton on my most disliked player list. My hope is that Rodgers walks and Green Bay is left with Jordan Love and egg on their face. We've seen what the Packers look like without Rodgers and it wasn't a pretty sight. Let Aaron go host Jeopardy and let the Packers fall back to earth after three decades of first ballot HoF play at QB.

And it will be interesting to watch this player empowerment movement play out in the NFL. Things could get dicey for several teams.

Last year's World vs Brees situation was difficult. We also had the catholic church PR and Benson drama. Glad we don't have to deal with that. We have more mundane stories like Lattimore's off the field stuff and Winston vs Hill.

I'll add the Watson situation in Houston, and the QB situation in SF.

Can Bill Belichick and the Patriots bounce back?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom