Noob's Attempt At A Mock (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Hello SaintsReport. This is my first post here though I have viewed the forums here for quite some time. I am going to give a shot at a mock draft though to be honest they hold no value until draft day comes and the actual picks are in, but here goes.

1st Round: Saints (19) - Jerod Mayo, OLB (Tennessee)

Explanation: Of course for us to be drafting at 19 in the first round that means we would have traded with Philadelphia. In this case we get the unproven, unhealthy at times, Lito Shephard. I think there is a lot of upside to this trade if we can pull it off. I think that Jason David was a bad pickup and thought that from its inception. I tried to deal with it because I love the Saints so, but to see him on his back more than on his feet throughout the season is crucial. Along with Shephard the Eagles send us it's 3rd (81) which is helpful being that we lost our 4th to the Jets for Vilma.

2nd Round: Saints (41) - Kenny Phillips, S (Miami)

Explanation: As much as a TE would have been good here, either Shockey or Fred Davis (USC) I think that our pressing need to sure up the defensive side of the ball is still too evident. I think that Phillips would earn the starting spot over both Bullocks and KK which makes Bullocks expendable (see below).

TRADE: Saints send their 3rd (79), Josh Bullocks, & and 2009 conditional pick (6th, but could be a 5th based on performance) for Jeremy Shockey

3rd Round: Saints (81) via Philadelphia - Dre Moore, DT (Maryland)

Explanation: There is a glaring age problem at DT for us and this shores that up. There is good upside to Moore, but he still needs sharpening around the edges. I think working behind Clancy, Thomas, and Young could provide some good expertise. With that in mind I think that Moore could crack the starting rotation midway through the season and will be another diamond in the rough for this new Saints front office.

4th Round: None

5th Round: Saints (141) - Jacob Hester, FB (LSU)

Explanation: "A Hometown Boy Gets His Dream" This one is quite simple. In the later rounds BPA starts to become the option. Well I feel like a lot of people may pass on Hester and we will be able to grab him at a steal, by the way, here. I think that Deuce may only have a short time left on the team (even though that will kill me and many others) so we will need a nice back to get the tough 3-4 yards that we need. Until that time comes Hester would be a great ST player (ex. Steve Gleason).

6th Round: Saints (169) - Dexter Jackson, WR (Applachian St.)

Explanation: BPA

7th Round: Saints (201) - Alexis Serna, K (Oregon St.)

Expanation: Mr. Automatica has never been good at kicking off deep and is getting up in age. It would be nice to have someone that closely resembles him to take his place and/or supplement him.

Welcome.
Thanks for the effort of you mock.

Just to let you know your going to get flamed for having the Saints pick an LSU player that's not named Dorsey.

btw, I'd like that draft.

I thought we had a placekicker to do kickoffs I didn't think grammatica kicked off for us but anyway good choices on the mock even the homer pick only one im not ure on is the kicker and whether or not phillips will be there at 40

I've definitely seen worse. I will have a very hard time being a fan of Shockey though. Plus, why would the Giants want to subtract a Pro Bowl TE from their roster? Buyer beware.

I thought we had a placekicker to do kickoffs I didn't think grammatica kicked off for us but anyway good choices on the mock even the homer pick only one im not ure on is the kicker and whether or not phillips will be there at 40

Olindo Mare signed with the Broncos, I think. Now we are back to square one with a placekicker who can't do kickoffs.

That's alot of trades. I would rather we focused on a DT somewhere earlier though. Either way, that mock would look alot better than mine (I have no clue when it comes to talent evaluations except what I read). Thanks for the effort.

I like it
Vastly improve CB, TE situation.
I think Mayo will be a great Pro, but he is still unproven, so I can't say he'll vastly improve it.
I think Dre Moore will fit in very well with Ogeron. He's very fast.
Kenny Phillips is a question mark, but his value at 41 would be too great to pass up.

no way shockey comes that cheap.I could see adding a 3rd next year but that might be tied up in the vilma trade.

My prob with Shockey and Lito Shepard is that we already have 3 starters coming off of injuries. Deuce, McKenzie, and Vilma are all in rehab. Why add Shockey and Shepard?

I laugh at KP lasting until 40 when we pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom