Nopd crescent and star (1 Viewer)

I just wanted to get it tattooed on me or the sewer cap crescent city but dont wanna steal valor or be offensive

Yeah so then im on the offensive side lol. Cant please em all eh

The one on the sewer cap is probably our greatest symbol of NOLA corruption. In the time of the New Orleans Machine, around the time of Mayor Walmaley, the only way to get a job just about anywhere in the city was to have political connections and get a job with the sewage and water board. You did so with an exchange for votes and you might even be accompanied into the booth. Oh yea, your dead relatives would have been voting too lol

Probably the most interesting history I have read of New Orleans was a micro history called Huey Long Invades New Orleans. It’s about Huey sending in the national guard and almost going to war with the NOPD. He had a machine gun set up in the Voters Regestrars office pointed at the mayors office (which was then Gallier Hall).

Long was dead set on taking over New Orleans votes so he could get his hand picked replacement in as Governor and he could go on to run for president

The one on the sewer cap is probably our greatest symbol of NOLA corruption. In the time of the New Orleans Machine, around the time of Mayor Walmaley, the only way to get a job just about anywhere in the city was to have political connections and get a job with the sewage and water board. You did so with an exchange for votes and you might even be accompanied into the booth. Oh yea, your dead relatives would have been voting too lol

Probably the most interesting history I have read of New Orleans was a micro history called Huey Long Invades New Orleans. It’s about Huey sending in the national guard and almost going to war with the NOPD. He had a machine gun set up in the Voters Regestrars office pointed at the mayors office (which was then Gallier Hall).
Jeez. Still there though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom