North Carolina Keeps Losing Events From HB2 (1 Viewer)

f1d0b5502f859084051fb337f6b7b41b.jpg

This is actually a bigger deal that the others, IMO - because the ACC is a North Carolina-based organization. The NBA moving the All-Star game or the NCAA moving tournament games (or even the Paypal cancellation) all represent outside, national interests. Yes, they hit the state's pocketbook but the ardent defenders can still spin a narrative of standing up to the national, liberal corporate interests.

The ACC is a North Carolina institution, beloved and cherished. The political fallout of this move could be quite a bit sharper than the others.

This is actually a bigger deal that the others, IMO - because the ACC is a North Carolina-based organization. The NBA moving the All-Star game or the NCAA moving tournament games (or even the Paypal cancellation) all represent outside, national interests. Yes, they hit the state's pocketbook but the ardent defenders can still spin a narrative of standing up to the national, liberal corporate interests.

The ACC is a North Carolina institution, beloved and cherished. The political fallout of this move could be quite a bit sharper than the others.
Yeah, but they're just a bunch of ivory tower academic elitists who are actively poisoning our children's minds with this homosexual/liberal agenda anyway. They're not "real" North Carolinians.

*Haven't looked at my Facebook feed yet, but I'm pretty sure that sums it up.

Yeah, but they're just a bunch of ivory tower academic elitists who are actively poisoning our children's minds with this homosexual/liberal agenda anyway. They're not "real" North Carolinians.

*Haven't looked at my Facebook feed yet, but I'm pretty sure that sums it up.

Yeah but at this point, McCrory's reelection is in significant question.

Coach K was on CNBC yesterday talking about how big of a hit this has been to the state's reputation. Coach K is a fairly apolitical guy, he usually refuses to get into those areas. So for him to publicly criticize it is also significant.

I love both Carolina's. Hate to see this happen. I thought the NBA thing was the police body cameras, not the bathroom stuff.

Yeah but at this point, McCrory's reelection is in significant question.

Both the NCAA tournament and ACC tournament cancellations will hit Greensboro especially hard. Not sure the state executive/legislative branch cares that much, because they have been actively messing in Greensboro's affairs quite a bit since getting into office.

I love both Carolina's. Hate to see this happen. I thought the NBA thing was the police body cameras, not the bathroom stuff.

It's not just the bathroom stuff. The law also impacts discrimination in the workplace and marketplace. Also, the NCAA cited a cumulative effect and eluded to voting rights.

I find it funny that political liberals want to make films made by nonprofits that talk about a candidate illegal because of "corporate influence" but cheer this type of direct corporate influence on the political process.

Heck everyone for their own. If NC wants to pass laws like this I encourage them. I also encourage companies to vote with their feet so to speak nothing wrong with either way. I do believe in the freedom of consenting adults to do what they choose without breaking laws. Marriage is a set of morality and customs, not legal issues. Who you have sex with so long as it is between consenting adults is not a matter of anyone's business but theirs. If they want to get married, good for them. If consenting adults want to be in a polygamous relationship, who am I to judge. Go for it. Enjoy. If companies that hire a more liberal educated workforce choose not to locate in a state that passes laws against that lifestyle so be it. I'm sure there are other companies that cater to a more conservative point of view that would love being there. Good for them also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom