North Korea vows Nuclear Strike against USA (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea on Thursday vowed to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the United States, amplifying its threatening rhetoric hours ahead of a vote by U.N. diplomats on whether to level new sanctions against Pyongyang for its recent nuclear test.

An unidentified spokesman for Pyongyang's Foreign Ministry said the North will exercise its right for "a preemptive nuclear attack to destroy the strongholds of the aggressors" because Washington is pushing to start a nuclear war against the North.

Although North Korea boasts of nuclear bombs and pre-emptive strikes, it is not thought to have mastered the ability to produce a warhead small enough to put on a missile capable of reaching the U.S. It is believed to have enough nuclear fuel, however, for several crude nuclear devices.......................

Furious over sanctions, NKorea vows to nuke US - Yahoo! News

BIG E

SR is my life!
Reaction score
I'm sure glad Kim Jong Ill is out of there. This guy is much more stable.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
so lets see....all quiet from DPRK for last 18 months. Dennis Rodman visits and 2 days later NK "vows" a nuclear strike.

Rodman musta pulled a "Luke Tabwalker" when they went out for dinner and drinks.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
so lets see....all quiet from DPRK for last 18 months. Dennis Rodman visits and 2 days later NK "vows" a nuclear strike.

Rodman musta pulled a "Luke Tabwalker" when they went out for dinner and drinks.
More because DPRK is angry of our "war games" training and then they keep doing nuclear tests, so now the UN is ramping up sanctions. China is finally on board, so the North is actually concerned.

However, they don't have a missile that can reach the US. Also, they don't have bombs small enough to fit on a bomber. Also, their bomber would be destroyed before it even got close to us.

I think if they're going to Nuke anyone (I really hope they are bluffing) it would be South Korea or Japan.

This would just rile them up more, but I wish we could just fly about 5 predator drones above their capital and just shine a laser on a few things.. let them know what's up. Or perhaps a few Stealth planes do a fly by.

I really wonder what kind of defenses they actually have.

All of this hinges on how China reacts to everything. Russia to an extent as well.

Don't these guys read history? East Germany was doing ok for a while, but never great until they finally broke down the wall and joined up with the West. Even China has found a way to stay communist, but allow some enterprise and economic growth. They still have major issues, but there has been slight improvement.

I feel more nervous about N. Korea having nukes than Iran. At least Iran will mostly listen to the Saudi's. I'm not sure N. Korea is listening to China anymore.

triumph

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I feel more nervous about N. Korea having nukes than Iran. At least Iran will mostly listen to the Saudi's. I'm not sure N. Korea is listening to China anymore.
I don't get this analogy. There is little, if any, love between Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Add: Don't want to threadjack and divert it to Iran. I know what you were trying to say

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't get this analogy. There is little, if any, love between Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Add: Don't want to threadjack and divert it to Iran. I know what you were trying to say
Ok, you're right. It's a bit off. Iran and Saudi Arabia are more like competing brothers. But the Saudi's know they have to get along and they always have wanted stability in the middle east, so they try to calm down the area.

China and N. Korea are more like parent and child.

My point really is that N. Korea seems less stable, thus I worry more about them at the moment.

EDIT: I'll add that I also meant that at least Iran and Saudi Arabia talk and they can usually come to some sort of agreement. They know they have to work together. They have their issues. But Iran will listen, just not always obey. That's what I meant. They have a dialogue.

Last edited:

Chinny

Cinnamon and Desperation
Reaction score
If they ever, and I mean EVER, fire one rocket into S Korea you will finally see a unified Democratic Korea

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If they ever, and I mean EVER, fire one rocket into S Korea you will finally see a unified Democratic Korea
Actually, they have, and nothing really happened. Now, if they actually hit and damaged their intended target, you might be right, heh.

Saintshizzle

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The last thing they ever want to do is to pick-up the battle against S. Korea. It will be over before you know it started.

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I guess this means it's open season on N. Korean missile sites.

Ken-Bob

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Although North Korea boasts of nuclear bombs and pre-emptive strikes, it is not thought to have mastered the ability to produce a warhead small enough to put on a missile capable of reaching the U.S. It is believed to have enough nuclear fuel, however, for several crude nuclear devices.......................
Missiles are not necessary. Just float one somewhere near the US coast (or Hawaii) and set it off.

That said, I'm pretty convinced (through a friend's experience) that we have the capability of detecting any major levels of radiation, such as even the residual radiation given off by an unexploded nuke, a long way before it would get near the US.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom