Northwest heat wave (1 Viewer)

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Has anyone been paying attention to this. Seattle had a low of 65 last night and a high of 116 today. That's a 51 degree swing in temps. This is Death Valley weather. I hope this ends soon for the people in this area.

Has anyone been paying attention to this. Seattle had a low of 65 last night and a high of 116 today. That's a 51 degree swing in temps. This is Death Valley weather. I hope this ends soon for the people in this area.
that has to be some really dry air, hopefully it isn't a sign of how the fire season is going to go.

Portland has had high temps which are higher than the highest temp ever recorded in Dallas. Highest temp ever recorded is 113 at Dallas in the infamous heat wave of 1980.

Where do you see 116 for Seattle today?

Had a friend in Oregon post that his hummingbird feeder fell bc the plastic melted

Portland has had high temps which are higher than the highest temp ever recorded in Dallas. Highest temp ever recorded is 113 at Dallas in the infamous heat wave of 1980.
I'm a weather nerd. The highest temp ever recorded on the Ms. Coast was 102. Interestingly enough, Miami Fla has only recorded one day. The temp hit 100 and that occurred on July 21 1942

A lot of people do not have air conditioning up there either. They must be feeling miserable.

A lot of people do not have air conditioning up there either. They must be feeling miserable.
My wife's eldest sister lives in Chicago. She told me stories about deaths during the 95 heat wave. Most were from elderly residents who didn't have AC in their homes and apartments. it's essential here. That kind of heat occurs as much as we see snow.

Yeah, what the NW is dealing with is bonkers. Before I moved back to NOLA from Dallas, we were hitting 109 in the summers of 2019-20 on the regular for a few weeks, it was insane. My A/C could barely handle it, don't even get me started on my electric bills... screw ERCOT...

Yeah, what the NW is dealing with is bonkers. Before I moved back to NOLA from Dallas, we were hitting 109 in the summers of 2019-20 on the regular for a few weeks, it was insane. My A/C could barely handle it, don't even get me started on my electric bills... screw ERCOT...
I still have PTSD from the summer of 2011 when there was 40-something consecutive days of triple digits. It was atmospheric evil.

I find this fascinating. Incredible temperature for an area that rarely sees temps in the 90's much less 110F. I also read about how a good bit of folks do not own air conditioning in that region. I honestly can not imagine the discomfort they must be feeling. No way you can fall asleep!

I'm a weather nerd, too......about to purchase my first weather station. Thinking about the WS-5000 from Ambient. Anyone have opinions/recommendations?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom