nose tackle is priority number 1 with a 3 - 4 alignment (1 Viewer)

First let me say I think we have a decent option to play NT in Bunkley . He is a run stuffer , he is strong but my only problem is size , I know he is not a small man but compared to some NT he is small . Yess some teams run a 3-4 with smaller NTs but I for one am a fan of having atleast one massive Nt on the roster. Witch brings me to my point , I wonder if Baltimore would trade Terrance Cody ? He is obviously massive and while he is a 2 down player would anchor the middle for us and he and Bunkley could rotate

The real problem with those huge guys in New Orleans is that they eat their way out of the league with all the great NO food.

I know a bunch of us wanted Phil Taylor in the draft , he would look mighty good on the roster now .

I wish the NT from Utah would fall to us. A guy can dream can't he?
He's the only NT I would be ok with drafting, simply because this can play anywhere on a defensive line. He's like Haloti Ngata in the making. VERY explosive player.

I'm not sure he is the NT we need. Cody is getting pushed around in the run game in BAL, why trade for him when he maybe cut?

Cody

I didn't know he was considered a bust , the guy was so dominant at Alabama I knew we had not lived up to his ability in Baltimore , if he gets cut I'd bring him in for look , change of scenery may help him .

Does everyone forget that Bunkley came from a 3-4 defense where he was so dominate he was called "the Destroyer". Hicks should be one of the ends, a 3-4 defense has 1 DE 1 DT and 1 NT. DE Cam DT Hicks NT Bunkley and draft pick for rotation.

Does everyone forget that Bunkley came from a 3-4 defense where he was so dominate he was called "the Destroyer". Hicks should be one of the ends, a 3-4 defense has 1 DE 1 DT and 1 NT. DE Cam DT Hicks NT Bunkley and draft pick for rotation.

Nope because Denver played a 4-3 under Dennis Allen while Bunkley was there.

Pretty much this. Bunkley will do well. Worst case scenario is we need to draft or sign a decent backup for him through free agency.

Focus on linebackers and secondary

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

You think this why??? Because of the greg job he did a year ago??? or at the last three stops he was at???

Did you not watch football in 2011??? Did you not know when in a 3-4, he was dubbed "The Destroyer" for his play against the run??? Is it his fault he'd been miscast everywhere he'd been, including here, as a 4-3 DT??? He's a NT, not a 3tech. By the way, EVERYONE on our D "did a great job" a year ago, right???

And 1...
https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...-reaction-brodrick-bunkley-signs-with-saints/

Former Eagle Bunkley is elite in Broncos' 3-4 'D'
Recommend Comment(9) Facebook

Thanks to a new role as a nose tackle in a 3-4 defensive front, Brodrick Bunkley has turned into an elite player in Denver. (US Presswire)
COREY SEIDMAN

On Saturday we looked at Derek Landri, Pro Football Focus’ fourth-ranked defensive/nose tackle out of 87 NFL qualifiers at his position (see story). Landri had a plus-22.0 grade in just one-third of the Eagles’ defensive snaps. A familiar face occupied the spot ahead of Landri. Brodrick Bunkley (plus-24.1) was ranked third.

The Eagles traded Bunkley to the Cleveland Browns last July 30 several hours after signing free agent defensive lineman Cullen Jenkins. Bunkley refused to go to Cleveland, however, and the trade was rescinded two days after crossing the league’s official trading wire....

The Broncos made Bunkley their 3-4 nose tackle at the beginning of the season and he instantly thrived.

The Florida State product had three stops – plays he ended alone -- in Denver’s season-opener against the Raiders and never quit stuffing the run. Bunkley for the year had 32 stops in 485 snaps. No other defensive tackle with fewer than 500 snaps had as many as 23.

Bunkley's penchant for ending plays by himself earned him a plus-28.4 grade in the ground game and the No. 1 overall ranking among defensive tackles against the run.

Pro Football Focus called Bunkley a “player to watch for” in Sunday’s wild card playoff matchup with the Steelers, won 29-23 on an 80-yard touchdown pass from Tim Tebow to Demaryius Thomas on the first play of overtime.

Sure enough, Bunkley made an impact for the Broncos late in the game. With Denver up 23-16 and 7:35 to play, Bunkley sacked Ben Roethlisberger on first down at the Pittsburgh 45-yard line. The Steelers would eventually score, but stopping Roethlisberger six yards behind the line of scrimmage ran off precious seconds the team wouldn’t get back in a potential game-winning drive at the end of the quarter.

A developing nose tackle who has made the most of his opportunities on the field in Denver, Bunkley appears to have found his NFL calling. It only took six years, a change of scenery and a new defensive system. Some players are simply better built for the 3-4.

Former Eagle Bunkley is elite in Broncos' 3-4 'D'

Looks like Bunkley's a good fit for the 3-4.

He played for 3 or 4 teams.. he came from Philly and he sucked!!! Destroyers don't leave town and sign contracts like the one he signed with us.... lol

Destroyer was part of the 7K we surrendered a year ago!!!

Bunkley is the Starter as of today and rightfully so , like I said in the OP he is a good option only concern is overall size with him but he is not small . Most of the great NT I can remember were 330 to 350 range like Ted Washington , Keith Traylor , Sam Adams , Tony Sarigusa the list goes on . We need a big massive 330 pound plus guy in the middle to platoon with Bunkley so they stay fresh .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom