Not a Back Breaker... (1 Viewer)

WallyBB

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Just reminding everyone that an AFC loss (even a ******** one, our second this year!) is not world ending... doubly so with Carolina and Atlanta losing.

Heck with Minnesota and Green Bay both losing, it doesn't even bury us in the Wild Card race.

Thursday has just become a must win. Do our business against that crap team and 5-5 is a fine place to be with our remaining schedule.

Zztop

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This was the worst possible way to lose. It'll completely deflate the team. And on a short week, and playing away from home (not that there is much home field advantage anymore), I see another L for the saints.

showstopper

Make it happen Loomis!
Reaction score
This was the worst possible way to lose. It'll completely deflate the team. And on a short week, and playing away from home (not that there is much home field advantage anymore), I see another L for the saints.
Carolina is in the same boat. They blew a 17 point lead.

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Emotional game hope the guys aren't drained.

Everyone lost except the Bucs in the division so other than getting us above 500 it didn't really hurt.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
First, we are gonna beat Carolina and anyone that thinks this team is suddenly garbage because the refs totally jobbed us is delusional.

Second, I agree that it's not the end of the season. I said pre-game that we would drop one soon. This was the best one to drop. Still have to go 3-1 each quarter. So we gotta win the next 3 to stay on pace.

OP
WallyBB

WallyBB

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Carolina's loss was worse.. and they have the same pressure. We have seen improvement (even in the loss) and we already beat these guys.

We will be favorites, and rightfully so. We SHOULD win this game.

Our five losses are all to teams with good records. This team has not laid down to bad teams yet this year.

saintsmarchin

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Saints are going to cream the Panthers...

This team gave the ball away four times.... and played horrible and had to get "jobbed" by the NFL to lose.

bradman1965

Redacted
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but we have seen this two years in a row. We are trapped in Groundhogs Day.

We will probably lose to Carolina Thursday night. 7-9 season AGAIN.
Do you really think we are in a deterministic simulation that has decided this team is going to finish 7-9. I really do think some of you guys play too many video games.

saintsmarchin

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Only Bucs won.. this isn't the end of the world.. Saints still control own destiny.

BooBirdSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Seriously. I didn't think we'd even have a chance at this point in the season. So kudos for continuing to show up. However, I'm not convinced this team is capable of playing consistently enough down the stretch to control it's own destiny. I think we'll end up hovering around .500 and hoping someone else loses to get us into the post season. But, I guess when you start out the way we have that is good enough.

bradman1965

Redacted
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Seriously. I didn't think we'd even have a chance at this point in the season. So kudos for continuing to show up. However, I'm not convinced this team is capable of playing consistently enough down the stretch to control it's own destiny. I think we'll end up hovering around .500 and hoping someone else loses to get us into the post season. But, I guess when you start out the way we have that is good enough.
I think this is a valid criticism. Might be a year away. This team sure does look a heck of a lot better then early in the year. Much more fun to watch, which is why I don't get the meltdown on the NFL "isn't fun anymore" crowd. If anything the NFL's problem this year has been bad play on the field, anything that make the games better played is a win and the Saints are playing pretty well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom