Not a good sign (1 Viewer)

So the question is, is attempting to violate a rule and publicly admitting it grounds for punishment? Are we totally innocent because the other party refused our "forbidden" offer. I'd like to think we'll just get a warning and that be it, but I can honestly see where this could call for some sort of fine or loss of draft pick.

So if Payton tried to FAX a written, explicite offer to Stevens but the line was always busy. Is that a violation or not? We clearly attempted to violate but we also failed. Not sure the NFL has a case. A warning? Maybe. A draft pick? See you in court commissioner.

So if Payton tried to FAX a written, explicite offer to Stevens but the line was always busy. Is that a violation or not? We clearly attempted to violate but we also failed. Not sure the NFL has a case. A warning? Maybe. A draft pick? See you in court commissioner.

Without reading the full rule, it’s anyone’s guess. I’d think there’d be more to it. Otherwise, we should escape penalty-free. We know it’s a violation to reach an agreement with a player, but is it also a violation to offer them a contract, regardless of whether they agree or not? Seems to me it would be, but I don’t know.

Without reading the full rule, it’s anyone’s guess. I’d think there’d be more to it. Otherwise, we should escape penalty-free. We know it’s a violation to reach an agreement with a player, but is it also a violation to offer them a contract, regardless of whether they agree or not? Seems to me it would be, but I don’t know.

A better question is why did Tommy prefer Carolina and is he P'Oed at us for derailing his choice?

It is rather evident that the Panthers violated the rule but I still think that if the saints called to express their interest and say give us a chance to make an offer if you are not drafted and then, as reported, Tommy said "sorry but I have have promised the Panthers", I am not sure you can blame the Saints for making a counter offer.

to be honest, even if sp or the saints are fined, it is totally great and awesome that the pansies were called out.

Do not go to Vegas and bet. You are clueless. IF the Saints violated the rules, it is their fault and stupidity. What I cannot understand, is WHY did Payton make any comments, regarding on what went down?

Well that went right over your head. Smh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom