Not Afraid of Either of These Teams (2 Viewers)

You may not be, but I'm concerned. If we come out (especially on offense) like we did against Failcons (against SF), it's not going to bode well. The only way I see us winning, is by playing mistake free football.

Also, you're completely ignoring the role the weather is playing on both teams.

You may not be, but I'm concerned. If we come out (especially on offense) like we did against Failcons (against SF), it's not going to bode well. The only way I see us winning, is by playing mistake free football.

Also, you're completely ignoring the role the weather is playing on both teams.
So you don't want to score on our first 3 drives?

You obviously aren't watching any of the game between these 2. I know there are the elements involved here, but anyone can see that we are a better team. Doesn't take black and gold glasses!
I am watching as we speak. You act like the saints look great in every game. You are picking one game between the niners and ravens where it is a slop field.

Edit: i also believe the saints would struggle to move the ball against either team on this field

First let me say that both the 49ers and the Ravens are very good teams. But, I think the Saints are a much better team. Coaching wise and talent wise. We can beat either of teams. The only thing that stands in the way? ........... THE REFS!
Based on what I saw before the bye and with common opponents, Saints can beat the 49ers.

But I don't know with certainty that the level of discipline and intensity as well as the game plans employed since the bye will beat the 49era and the refs....

I'm fine with fans "not being afraid".

But fans should be respectful. SF and BAL are great teams and will deserve ours, and our team's, respect when we play SF and if we play BAL.

I love having a mentality that "WE are the team to be worried about" but do it while also having respect that the opponent is capable of beating you...especially a great team like SF, BAL...or even SEA, NE, GB, MIN, etc.

You obviously aren't watching any of the game between these 2. I know there are the elements involved here, but anyone can see that we are a better team. Doesn't take black and gold glasses!
They play a completely different brand of Football, these are smashmouth teams that line up and try and break your will by Running the ball right at you, and playing good fundamentally sound Defense.

Your lack of respect for Smash mouth football is a little unsettling, especially considering lately the Saints have been having identity issues trying to force the passing game over the run game since Drew's return.

The worrisome part to me is that should we beat the 9ers this week, the chance that we should have to play them again is probably well above 50%. They play solid on both sides of the ball and they are coached with big balls. That is a very difficult type of team to beat twice. It can be done but it’s a difficult road.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom