(Not Being Funny) But should Tony Romo Retire and Pursue Golf? (1 Viewer)

MrEMann83

Very Banned
Reaction score
Y! SPORTS

We all know that Tony Romo is a good golfer. But my question is, is he good enough to make it on the tour? Is it smarter to leave the high pressured, violent and targeted position of Dallas Cowgirls QB, and pursue the leisure sport of golf?

As long as the current QBs in Arizona are still employed the answer is no. he'll never get the same attention as a golfer

He'll lead all players and triple bogey on 18 every time. Sorry...its impossible to be serious when discussing Romo.

I think he has the game to pursue a golf career it just depends where his heart is. I hope he does try to take up professional golf after football, whenever that might be. Given the opportunity to focus solely on golf I think he could give a lot of the pro golfers, in time, a run for their money.

Y! SPORTS

We all know that Tony Romo is a good golfer. But my question is, is he good enough to make it on the tour? Is it smarter to leave the high pressured, violent and targeted position of Dallas Cowgirls QB, and pursue the leisure sport of golf?

Yes you are trying to be funny, and you are are here. And No, he's not good enough to be a pro caddy. The celebs are playing tees 20 yards or more forward of the golf pros. And at Pebble, that's a huge difference.

Y! SPORTS

Once you attempt to go professional golfer it is no longer considered a "leisure" sport. Those guys work very hard, day in, day out for years honing their skills. Those guys make it look easy but trust me it's not. Go try yourself sometime. If Tony were to devote himself strictly to golf I could see him making it on the Web.com tour and from there maybe it is possible for him the make it on the pro tour. I doubt he would win a PGA tour event but I do think it's possible for him to make the tour. Stranger things have happened.

question is will he get paid more than he does now

In golf winnings....no. Most pro golfers make more money outside of playing golf like Phil Mickelson, as an example, has earned $66 million in prize money since turning pro in 1992. Last year he earned $48 million for the year. He is reportedly worth $180 million. He earned $114 million without the clubs in his hands. I'm pretty sure Tony has more than two nickles to rub together and probably already has some sort of investment or residual income coming in outside of football. He'll be fine.

Once you attempt to go professional golfer it is no longer considered a "leisure" sport. Those guys work very hard, day in, day out for years honing their skills. Those guys make it look easy but trust me it's not. Go try yourself sometime. If Tony were to devote himself strictly to golf I could see him making it on the Web.com tour and from there maybe it is possible for him the make it on the pro tour. I doubt he would win a PGA tour event but I do think it's possible for him to make the tour. Stranger things have happened.

I know that Golf is incredibly difficult, and I do play myself, I thank you very much.

Its definitely tough, but I don't think you will find a single human being on the planet that wouldn't call it a Leisure sport when compared to the violent sport of Football.

Maybe I spoke too highly when I said "the tour", what I really meant is "professionally" in any arena. He has enough money to retire now, so why not take up Golf? If he plays football for another 5-10 years, he MAY not be able to walk when he's 55.

Yes you are trying to be funny, and you are are here. And No, he's not good enough to be a pro caddy. The celebs are playing tees 20 yards or more forward of the golf pros. And at Pebble, that's a huge difference.

No sir, I am not being funny. I was actually serious.

I can see it now:

"And Romo with the tee shot at 15. Great shot, looks like it will be right into middle of the fairw-INTERCEPTED. Intercepted at the 250 yard line! I thought this was golf?!"

I don't think happy feet and swinging on the run works well in golf.

I know that Golf is incredibly difficult, and I do play myself, I thank you very much.

Its definitely tough, but I don't think you will find a single human being on the planet that wouldn't call it a Leisure sport when compared to the violent sport of Football.

Maybe I spoke too highly when I said "the tour", what I really meant is "professionally" in any arena. He has enough money to retire now, so why not take up Golf? If he plays football for another 5-10 years, he MAY not be able to walk when he's 55.

No sir, I am not being funny. I was actually serious.

First of all I would like to apologize to you for assuming you didn't play golf. I know it sounded bad in my post but I meant no disrespect to you, especially to a fellow golfer. I'm with you about the idea of Tony seriously considering golf. Like you said, why not? I can't see him ever being elite, winning a Super Bowl or getting inducted into the HOF. Each sport presents its own unique challenges and difficulties. Yes, golf does seem leisurely compared to football. Thanks for responding.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom