(Not Being Funny) But should Tony Romo Retire and Pursue Golf? (1 Viewer)

Romo plays well, but gives up late lead, . . . in golf

Posted by Darin Gantt on February 11, 2013, 8:06 AM EST

So apparently, Thursday, Friday and Saturday are golf’s regular season, and Sunday is its playoffs.

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo and his partner lost a final-day lead, and finished third at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am Sunday.

Romo and pro partner Jordan Spieth shot a solid 68, but co-championship teams Brandt Snedeker-Toby Wilt and Michael Letzig-John Erickson (two of those guys are allegedly golfers, two celebrities, and I have no idea which) had 65s.

In fairness to Romo, he did sink a 15-foot birdie putt on the 17th hole, so it’s not as if he fumbled a snap for a game-winning field goal or anything.

According to the Dallas Morning News, Romo laughed when asked if he’d listen to people suggesting he could moonlight on the PGA Tour.

“I think they’re wrong,” he said. “I’m pretty good at what I do. I like to compete, and it gets our family out on a couple of vacations once in a while and it makes it an enjoyable experience.”

Which sounds a lot like his day job, without all the pesky playoffs.

Romo plays well, but gives up late lead, . . . in golf | ProFootballTalk

:spit: :smilielol:

Really Romo is a good QB, but he would be much better without Jason Garrett calling the plays, he threw for almost 5,000 yards, and as we know, you can't win throwing that much, you have to run the ball, give the threat of a run game atleast, and get some play action.

He had a higher completion percentage than Drew, and threw for about as much, poor play calling hurt both of them.

I know that Golf is incredibly difficult, and I do play myself, I thank you very much.

Its definitely tough, but I don't think you will find a single human being on the planet that wouldn't call it a Leisure sport when compared to the violent sport of Football.

Maybe I spoke too highly when I said "the tour", what I really meant is "professionally" in any arena. He has enough money to retire now, so why not take up Golf? If he plays football for another 5-10 years, he MAY not be able to walk when he's 55.

No sir, I am not being funny. I was actually serious.

Apologies, cause I thought is was funny. I tried to make the tour out of college and wasn't good enough to caddie for the pros. There's a lot of amazingly talented golfers at the upper realms. Besides astonishingly talented games in all areas, these guys have stunning ability to handle terrible shots, terrible breaks and melt-downs without it impacting their next few holes are rounds. Guys like Lee Westwood who are considered terrible pro putters could put on a putting clinic that would dazzle low single digit handicappers.

I am not a Romo hater. I think he's a pretty good guy. But the 4th quarters chokes he has in big games manifested on the Sunday back 9 in pro tournaments if he was in the hunt would result in embarrassing failures.

I would be extremely saddened should he leave the Dallas Cowboys for another team, let alone another sport. The sadness I felt when Wade Phillips was fired would pale in comparison.

I would miss his perfectly thrown and impeccably timed interceptions, the tall tales about his perpetually cracking ribs, the overwhelming joy I get from his overwhelming failures... I don't want to lose any of that.

May Tony Romo forever haunt the halls of Valley Ranch.

I am sure he can choke just as good at Golf as he does at football.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom