Not Complaints but Observations from yesterday (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I really hate that we lost a game by killing ourselves against a team we are better than....

1. We need Fred Thomas out there. Craft was used and abused all day long.
2. Coach may want to think of starting Bellamy next week. He gives better run support and is a step above Omar.
3. Why do we abondon Duece?? He was running pretty well yesterday and we never let him get into a rhythem. I think that is my biggest complaint. I know everyone has to get their touches but you have to pound your horse.
4. I also think Danny Clark needs to see some more playing time.

I really hate that we lost a game by killing ourselves against a team we are better than....

1. We need Fred Thomas out there. Craft was used and abused all day long.

Agree 100%

2. Coach may want to think of starting Bellamy next week. He gives better run support and is a step above Omar.

Agree again, but I think it's probably in part that Bellamy may not be in football shape yet after the layoff from Sept. He wasn't picked up by anyone after we released him.

3. Why do we abondon Duece?? He was running pretty well yesterday and we never let him get into a rhythem. I think that is my biggest complaint. I know everyone has to get their touches but you have to pound your horse.

Don't think we abandoned him. Running game was efficient yesterday: 124 yds on 29 carries - 4.3 yds per carry.

When you get behind by 14 points early and agin in the 4th qtr, it's kind of hard to play ball control.

4. I also think Danny Clark needs to see some more playing time.

Simoneau is probably a better field general than Danny right now, and he (Simoneau) understands the D better than Danny does.

Danny's more of a run stopper right now in our scheme. That's why you see him in there on 3rd and short, or down near the goal line.

1. Agreed - Craft is not the answer. Great speed though.

2. Agreed - Of course I'd love to see Harper, but Bellamy would be better againsts the run than Omar.

3. As I'm reminded of frequently, Duece is coming off major knee injury and won't technically be 100% till the off season, I believe. I still think he should be used a bit more though.

4. Agreed - Who would you bench?

It just seems with Simouex, that he doesn't fill the gap fast enough causing Fujita and Shanle to come over and help. I think that is why the outside was so easy for the Steelers yesterday.
I don't want to knock Mark too much because he has played much better than any other Middle we have had in a while.
I understand being behind and having to pass I would just like to see them get Duece into a rhythem early. I do agree that it might have something to do with the knee not being 100% though.

Bellamy would be a HUGE liability in the passing game... and our passing defense isn't exactly good to begin with. I'd rather give Bryon Scott a shot at SS before throwing Bellamy back out there. Too old and too slow.

Craft is the worst... 'nuff said.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom