Not convinced yet (1 Viewer)

I look for a similar game plan as Washington. Everyone knows that Brees/Payton want that 500th td and to keep pace with Brady. I don't expect a 24 point win but it would not shock me to see a 27-17 game.

Very happy with Saints’ play so far but I gotta admit I’m not yet convinced this is a Super Bowl team. The next five game stretch will tell tale. A 3-2 result would be great and even 2-3 wouldn’t be bad but wouldn’t surprise me to see 4-1 or 1-4.

Noted.

The last couple of years we had those slow starts but as the season progressed we got much much better. Can you imagine if that happens this year from where we're at now? Look.....I try not to get too high early like this because the fall hurts. I get it. As I've gotten older though I've learned to really enjoy these times and try not to look too far ahead. We're coming off one of the best games I remember in a long time. Record broke and we dominated. We let up on the gas and still almost scored 50. It's made this bye week exciting. Right now I'm not worrying about Superbowl team or any of that. I just want this next win for drew so he can check that off his list. If we can keep carrying this momentum and the team improves as we go like they have the last couple years the rest takes care of itself. Just enjoy the moment and try not to predict the future.

The last couple of years we had those slow starts but as the season progressed we got much much better. Can you imagine if that happens this year from where we're at now? Look.....I try not to get too high early like this because the fall hurts. I get it. As I've gotten older though I've learned to really enjoy these times and try not to look too far ahead. We're coming off one of the best games I remember in a long time. Record broke and we dominated. We let up on the gas and still almost scored 50. It's made this bye week exciting. Right now I'm not worrying about Superbowl team or any of that. I just want this next win for drew so he can check that off his list. If we can keep carrying this momentum and the team improves as we go like they have the last couple years the rest takes care of itself. Just enjoy the moment and try not to predict the future.

Very well put and I concur

Things that make a superbowl contender:

1. Having a good team
2. Stay healthy
3. Making the playoffs
4. Winning playoff games

Things that many think makes a superbowl contender:

1. Having the best team in a conference
2. Having no weaknesses on offense or defense
3. Having the most superstars on the roster
4. Being a team based in Boston that plays in the AFC East

(only #4 is true... threw that in there for laughs)

Therefore:

Goal #1 is to put a good team together (check)
Goal #2 is to win the next game on your schedule (check 4 times, no check 1 time)
Goal #3 is to win your division (in the process of checking as we're currently #1)
Goal #4 is to get as many home playoff games as possible (still way too far in the future to figure)
Goal #5 is to not lose in the playoffs (still way too far in the future to figure)

Right now the Rams are the most complete team. What happens if they lose Suh, Donald, Gurley, Goff, Cooks, or Kupp for any length of time? What happens if they lose 2 or 3 of those players listed? Sure the Eagles won in the playoffs and a superbowl with a backup QB. Sean Mannion is not Nick Foles.

The next most complete team? If our secondary tightens up... We are. The Pats are a close 3rd. The Cheifs have legitimate defensive problems. They look every week like we looked weeks 1 and 3.

The healthier teams have an advantage in the post season. Knock on wood, salt over the shoulder, touch my nose and run around my chair 3 times, but we are currently one of the healthier teams in the league. But the playoffs are a mere 12 games away. A lot can change, but this is one of those things we won't know until week 17 is in the books.

So are we a superbowl contender here in week 7? No. But we have jut as big a claim on that title (if it was a real title) as any team in the league.

I guess champs are now crowned in mid-October.

We aren’t a clear cut Superbowl team, but neither is anyone else in the NFC.

The two top teams in the NFC are clearly the Saints and the Rams, but both have weaknesses.

The Rams can’t stop the run while we can’t stop WR’s. I see them with the advantage right there if we are in a shootout.

Our run defense is enough to slow down Gurley, but I feel it’s going to be a high scoring affair and whoever has homefield advantage will win.

As i’ve gotten older, i too have had an epiphany, i used to be so focused on the end result being the end all be all, now i’ve come to enjoy each team for what it is. Its like a good book, each team writes its own story, i try to take time to enjoy the character development, the ebbs and flows of the season tell a story and make each season have its own personality and i used to couldn’t wait for the playoffs to find out if we would make it or not i now just enjoy the journey that each team brings us on.

My only worry is that while everyone may be looking forward to the revenge game against Minnesota the next week, they may be overlooking the Ravens this week.

No guarantee we win.
I will however guarantee that Drew Sean and the Saints will not overlook the Ravens. At all.

We aren’t a clear cut Superbowl team, but neither is anyone else in the NFC.

The two top teams in the NFC are clearly the Saints and the Rams, but both have weaknesses.

The Rams can’t stop the run while we can’t stop WR’s. I see them with the advantage right there if we are in a shootout.

Our run defense is enough to slow down Gurley, but I feel it’s going to be a high scoring affair and whoever has homefield advantage will win.

The Saints can stop the run. The Rams can't stop receivers either. Marcus Peters has had multiple games looking like Josh Bullocks. The guy that replaced Talib had a bad day against the Broncos.

I feel like nobody really watches their games, while people take a fine tooth over every fault the Saints have.

The Saints biggest enemy is this disgusting road schedule.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom