Not embarrassing (1 Viewer)

saintbilly25

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pels have now won 4 of their last 6 games and should have been 5 of 6 after outplaying the Blazers for 3.5 quarters. They are playing well, especially the young guys. NAW, Jaxson and Kira seem vastly improved and are showing consistency with more playing time. Somehow, amazingly enough, Bledsoe is playing even worse and is now my least favorite basketball player of all time. Ingram and Zion are still playing great on offense and have shown marked improvement on the defensive end. Zion now has 21 straight games of 20 points or more and over 50% shooting. He is just amazing and will be a top 5 all time player when all is said and done. Whether we end up fighting for the play in spot or having a lottery pick in a stacked draft, the 2nd half of this season should be fun and the future of the team is blindingly bright.

No LeBron and No AD... This team has a problem with defense, killer mentality, and consistency.... They have great games, then blow games like in Portland... Then lose to bad teams... That's the issue... The young talent is there. But so is the roller coaster that comes with that... They will win 4 of 6, then lose 6 of 8.

No LeBron and No AD... This team has a problem with defense, killer mentality, and consistency.... They have great games, then blow games like in Portland... Then lose to bad teams... That's the issue... The young talent is there. But so is the roller coaster that comes with that... They will win 4 of 6, then lose 6 of 8.
I definitely see what your saying and they are called bi-polar Pels for a reason. This just seems different and feels to me like they may have turned a corner. They are starting to learn to win and getting used to playing in more clutch situations. The fact that AD and LeBron were out and they dominated us is exactly what I am talking about. Seems like in the past, they would have come out lax and played poorly, where as they would have played better if the stars had played. I obviously could be wrong, but I don’t foresee many more losing streaks and honestly believe we start winning, say 3 out of every 5 games or so.

They should have beaten Portland in game 1, then during the win streak, they blew out Cleveland, the Clips, Nuggets and the undermanned Lakers. I get the skepticism, but it appears they have had sustained defensive effort during that string of games and those teams have had no answer for them offensively.

Why is all the sports media writing the Pels off, saying they're no good, etc.?

If they hold on to this 16-point lead they should beat Boston which takes them to 21-25. In which case they are only two games out of 8th spot in the West.

If they hold on to this 16-point lead they should beat Boston which takes them to 21-25. In which case they are only two games out of 8th spot in the West.
They have now won 4 of their last 5 and even played well in that only loss at Denver. They are finally playing consistently and not 1 great game followed by a horrendous one. All of those games without their starting point guard as well.

It's because this is the question on any given night... They seem to panic and have no closers (Dawgs) when the opposition goes on a run late.... Ingram was barely able to save us when Boston was about to run us out of the building, and No one else could get a stop or a bucket for about the last 4 mins... It's a common problem... they were able to overcome that last night... barely.

Also Free Throws are still and issue when the opposition forces us to make them late...

I like the young guys at this point... I say start them all (Lewis - NAW - BI - Zion - Hayes) and let's live with what happens....

The key to this off-season is unloading Bledsoe's contract, which will be possible since it is expiring but we will most likely need to include some draft pick(s) with it.

Hopefully nobody does anything crazy and we can retain Lonzo for something like $19 million and I would really like to be able to keep Josh Hart as well.

I'm done with Lonzo.... I know he has "improved"... My eyes say this team plays better with him out of the lineup... 4 out of 5 in fact.... We should have traded him while we had the chance... we are clearly better without him and Zion running the point and creating with NAW and Hart bringing energy and shooting. I am also done with Bledsoe.... If we give Lonzo a bunch of money, we are doomed to live in .500-Land and once again waste the best years of a generational talent because we surrounded him with inconsistency and half-talent.

I'm done with Lonzo.... I know he has "improved"... My eyes say this team plays better with him out of the lineup... 4 out of 5 in fact.... We should have traded him while we had the chance... we are clearly better without him and Zion running the point and creating with NAW and Hart bringing energy and shooting. I am also done with Bledsoe.... If we give Lonzo a bunch of money, we are doomed to live in .500-Land and once again waste the best years of a generational talent because we surrounded him with inconsistency and half-talent.

What's going to be available on the free agent market? Kicking both Lonzo and Bledsoe to the curb leaves a pretty large void
$17-$19 isn't bad for a good 3 and D guard and Lonzo and NAW have been a good pair the few times they were on the court together.

I just don't know that you get anything as good as Lonzo for cheaper

The key to this off-season is unloading Bledsoe's contract, which will be possible since it is expiring but we will most likely need to include some draft pick(s) with it.

Hopefully nobody does anything crazy and we can retain Lonzo for something like $19 million and I would really like to be able to keep Josh Hart as well.

Hart should be a priority.

His energy is infections and just works so very hard on the floor.

Bledsoe is poo. I said before he reminds me of the Eric Gordon v2.0 we had way back when. HEaving up shots that DONT EVEN TOUCH the BACKBOARD. How the !@#!#@ are you in the NBA?

Hart should be a priority.

His energy is infections and just works so very hard on the floor.

Bledsoe is poo. I said before he reminds me of the Eric Gordon v2.0 we had way back when. HEaving up shots that DONT EVEN TOUCH the BACKBOARD. How the !@#!#@ are you in the NBA?

I agree. Get rid of Bledsoe and you can afford Lonzo and Hart I think.

Consider how messed up the off-season and seasons have been and you gotta give Lonzo credit. He has completely changed a broken jump shot that he has had for a lifetime in a year and a half....he will most likely get even better. Plus he has worked on driving and finishing at the rim (still has work on that). If Lonzo develops a tear drop shot, he will be complete

Plus the chemistry. He wants to be here and BI and Zion want him here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom