Not great news from my Doctor..... (1 Viewer)

I’m sorry to hear that you’re suffering right now. It’s never too late to improve your health. There are certain things you can change, and others that you can’t. Do what you can to maximize your health. It’s important not only for your physical health, but also your mental health. If you feel you are having problems coping I would seek mental health resources.

This is all very important for your transplant candidacy. Organs are prized possessions and I have seen people passed over because they didn’t demonstrate the ability to do their part (whether it’s mental health or diet/etc). It’s time to wake up and take this seriously. You can do it.
Oh I am believe me. I am not depressed just overwhelmed at the moment. I get the donor thing. I do. But I have always been the better to give then receive type of guy.

I do have a support group and well my diet is as restrictive as it possibly gets.Even more so then before. Having to watch potassium levels and phosphorus along with sodium, even protein and of course sugars and carbs. That really limits my menu.

I don't recommend the kidney diet. It's blander then bland.

So sorry you are going through all this, and I wish you peace, strength, and perseverance. Out of curiosity, will a pancreas transplant fully reverse your diabetes?
Yes it will. I trade insulin for anti rejection drugs. I'll gladly take that over being diabetic anymore. Its been 23 years since I had a donut.

That is not it at all. They did not die for you to live, they just died.

They are an organ donor because they want their death to mean life for someone else, to give it meaning.
the-wolf-of-wall-street-clap.gif

Successful surgery and first round of dialysis yesterday. In the hospital for a couple more days.

In 6 weeks I meet the transplant team at Tulane. I am looking forward to it.

I am tired but overall feel much better after treatment.
That is awesome. I am looking forward to your continued progress!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom