Not Happy with Timing (1 Viewer)

SaintsMan209

SB This year!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I was hoping that Sean would have provided more structure to the team before leaving. Our offense has been left in total shambles, and we have no QB. We might get lucky with Jameis but probably not. Either way, I wish we were in a better position. This situation is challenging for me because my guess is this team will have 8-9 seasons for the next four years. I do wish Payton would have left in 2018. Would have let Brees and company do some amazing things without him. Just venting!

I'll be honest, I was hoping that Sean would have provided more structure to the team before leaving. Our offense has been left in total shambles, and we have no QB. We might get lucky with Jameis but probably not. Either way, I wish we were in a better position. This situation is challenging for me because my guess is this team will have 8-9 seasons for the next four years. I do wish Payton would have left in 2018. Would have let Brees and company do some amazing things without him. Just venting!
What would have been a suitable timeline for you?

Keep in mind we're stacked on D and really only a few pieces away on offense from being a decent team. Superbowl caliber? No....but not bottom of the barrel either. Think if sean stayed how would you feel about the upcoming season? I choose to think that any decent coach will be able to do something with what we have and you know our front office will do everything in their power to give them the tools they need.

Agreed. No QB, offense is a mess, no receivers, salary cap hell, still had 2 years on his contract, and now no head coach. With all that said, I wish him nothing but the best and will always appreciate his time spent with us, but when he feels like it is his time then he should definitely make the move though. It is what it is.

I have a lot of questions but hey I'm just a fan and he owes me nothing. I do feel this could have been handled differently and Drew must be included in the discussion.

This makes me question whether or not Payton believed in Winston as much as us fans did.

Because if he did, and he believes Winston will be elite, why the hell would he want to leave with everything in place?

A great defense, a QB you believed in.

Add an OL, TE, and WR, and you're good.

Last edited:
I wish he would have gone out on top.

After watching his press conference yesterday I get the hunch that if the 2018 playoff non-call didn't happen, and subsequently the Saints went on to win the superbowl that year, he would have retired back then. I also think Drew would have retired then too. So I guess the silver lining, if you could call it that, is we got to see them for a couple more seasons.

I’m upset about the timing as well. He should of waited to retire from the Saints 10 years from now.

This makes me question whether or not Payton believed in Winston as much as us fans did.

Because if he did, and he believes Winston will be elite, why the hell would he want to leave
The same could be said for Taysom because he gave him the bigger contract.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom