Not Happy with Timing (4 Viewers)

When do coaches retire when the team is in top form... Put the puzzle pieces together. He was burn out and he did not want to be part of a rebuild.
This makes most sense. Most people his age no matter what they do dont want to do a restart in life

I wonder if he still would have retired if we had made the playoffs or won a playoff game?

It might have made him hang on for another year depending on if they had a bad loss in the playoffs. But Payton said yesterday that he thought about retiring at the start of training camp so it sounds like he was really just ready to go no matter what happened this year.

There's never a good time to say goodbye to a fanbase that never knew the success and culture of winning he brought to us. If Sean told us this upcoming season would be his last we would still be hurt about it when it ended. We know we lost more than just a coach.

But honestly, I haven't seen that dude smile that hard in a press conference in a long time. I think it was the sign of relief. It is a huge task to be an NFL head coach and even bigger when you add the expectation of high level success.

He wouldn't say it during a press conference

But what he did say is that he thought about retiring at the start of camp. That's before he or us really knew anything about Winston. Plus, he told us exactly why he left for two hours. Anything else is pure speculation with absolutely no factual support.

I would not be surprised to see Belichick do the same thing next season. When you coach a Hof QB and then have to rebuild, the scrutiny is so hard.

But what he did say is that he thought about retiring at the start of camp. That's before he or us really knew anything about Winston. Plus, he told us exactly why he left for two hours. Anything else is pure speculation with absolutely no factual support.
You are correct, it's pure speculation. But you and I both know that if you're leaving a place and you don't like what's going on, you're not going to say it publicly. You're going to say all the right things. He's also not going to burn any bridges because he might have a future in the NFL or something connected to the NFL. So it wouldn't be wise to say that you didn't like a particular player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom