Not Happy with Timing (2 Viewers)

Hows that?

Ive stepped away from work for a 4 day weekend to the beach after being burnt out and stressed. I had daily reflux and stress headaches for a few months running, but when i came back my head was clear and I was low stress and productive for at least a year before I started to feel weighed down again.

Everyone and every situation is different. Sean could never feel ready to come back, or he could look up sometime this November and say, "I feel great, whats next?".

To me, his timeline for stepping away will have no bearing on my belief that he really is burned out, needs to step away, and has no idea what is mext in life.

There is no hidden agenda.

If he does want to come back in the next three years to coach, his new team (if its not us) will have to trade for him anyway.
If he does come back, he made it clear it won’t be with the Saints.

My question is why?

Also, if he comes back next year to coach Dallas, you’re really telling me it’s not beyond reason to believe that he planned it out that way?

So, we can agree to disagree. Lol. You’re basically telling me that if he comes back next year to coach Dallas, then that’s just a coincidence.

Almost hope he pulls the ultimate troll and agrees to be the Falcons head coach in 2023.

We get a first and a third for him. Then a couple weeks later he says, "my heart is not in it", re-retires, and gets a big payday to do broadcasts and rip Goodell on national TV.

He did no such thing. Period.

Trying to infer anything of the sort is silly.
Well he was asked if he’d open to return when he gets the itch again, and instead of saying yes, he said it wouldn’t be fair to whoever will be coaching here. That doesn’t sound too confident.

Plus, explain this:

I'll never forget the moment Winston went down and Sean Payton ran on the field to check on him. The look on his face has replayed in my mind over and over all season. I think I even posted about it once.

But Payton had the look of a man that knew the season was over and like he was DONE. It was the first time I ever saw that look on his face before....like he just wanted to quit. I think he held together just to make it thru the season for the team.

I do wish he would stay and see how next year pans out, but when you're tired...you're just tired. I also have no doubt that he probably feels like all his actions/successes are undermined by the league and their blatant vendetta against him.
Great Post.

Well he was asked if he’d open to return when he gets the itch again, and instead of saying yes, he said it wouldn’t be fair to whoever will be coaching here. That doesn’t sound too confident.

Plus, explain this:

I don't know if I believe this b/c I don't think he would have ever left before Brees retired. No way. Now they're may have been discussions but I think that's why he feels like the time is now to leave b/c Brees is gone and he may miss him but I never saw Payton leaving before Brees.

I don't know if I believe this b/c I don't think he would have ever left before Brees retired. No way. Now they're may have been discussions but I think that's why he feels like the time is now to leave b/c Brees is gone and he may miss him but I never saw Payton leaving before Brees.
I know you may not believe it.

But, I’m gonna be honest with you.

I didn’t believe the media saying Sean Payton would possibly be gone this year, etc etc. when all of the reports came out earlier last week

Until it became a reality.

Sometimes, media is right lol

Plus, explain this:

If he comes back next year, whoever our coach is would be at the end of year one as HC... it wouldent be fair to come back and say "thanks for taking care of things, now go away".

As for Florio's blatant attempt to drum up book sales and get clicks on his site... I dont see sources.

Florio has written straight up speculative fiction before and passed it off as reporting. A piece long ago about Randy Moss comes to mind.

He and Chris Simms are on the same level as "reporters" IMO. Besides, he is an ardent Vikings fan.

I have seen many SR posts speculating about what is going on internally with the team that have a stiking resembelance too, and as much grounding in reality, as a Florio piece.

Hell my read on Payton's "honesty" in his presser is in that same vein... but at least i am upfront about it being my impression. Florio sells that kind of speculation as inside info (that he certainly does not have).

If he comes back next year, whoever our coach is would be at the end of year one as HC... it wouldent be fair to come back and say "thanks for taking care of things, now go away".

As for Florio's blatant attempt to drum up book sales and get clicks on his site... I dont see sources.

Florio has written straight up speculative fiction before and passed it off as reporting. A piece long ago about Randy Moss comes to mind.

He and Chris Simms are on the same level as "reporters" IMO. Besides, he is an ardent Vikings fan.

I have seen many SR posts speculating about what is going on internally with the team that have a stiking resembelance too, and as much grounding in reality, as a Florio piece.

Hell my read on Payton's "honesty" in his presser is in that same vein... but at least i am upfront about it being my impression. Florio sells that kind of speculation as inside info (that he certainly does not have).

Ok, we can agree to disagree. Just one question:

If Sean Payton does indeed come back next year and coaches the Cowboys, would that just a coincidence to you?

If you say it is going to rain every year, eventually, even in the desert, you will be right.

But the point is, you probably didn’t believe the media at that point in time either when they were mentioning that Sean Payton may be gone…Am I right?

Basically, at the time when the reports came out that Sean Payton’s future was uncertain, I’m just curious, did you believe the media then?

If you say it is going to rain every year, eventually, even in the desert, you will be right.
And that’s the point—it can rain twice in the desert too. Meaning, the media can be right more than once.

They could be right about that time on what Florio wrote and then Undisputed reported it live too. And the media was right again about the future of Payton was uncertain.

Ok, we can agree to disagree. Just one question:

If Sean Payton does indeed come back next year and coaches the Cowboys, would that just a coincidence to you?
No, if he did it this offseason, then maybe.

I truly believe he has no plan past taking time for himself with his new wife.

But if he takes a year off, feels good, and wants a HC gig on a contender. There are only going to be so many of those spots where the HC is on the hotseat or on the way out. Dallas is likely one of those few spots.

If it is Dallas, then Jones gets to negotiate with Loomis on draft pick compensation.

Again, the only thing, I don't like about his leaving right now is Taysom's contract and he didn't really set up knowing who the future QB would be of the Saints but we all knew the QB question would be there when Drew left, w/ or w/o Payton we would be dealing w/ it. Other than that I feel alot of y'all are stressing over nothing as far as the team is concerned. We have a great organization and great players in house. I'm pretty sure Loomis has a plan. We aren't in some major rebuild situation. Reload at the HC, WR/TE and QB positions, yes. It's not easy, I know but I don't think it's as desperate as some other teams and as some of y'all are making it.

Plus, if you've been paying attention, the team the last two years has been a defensive team and I'm pretty sure the HC job is DA's to lose. Also, the NFC South isn't as strong as it use to be so I'm pretty certain we will be fine in terms of making the playoffs and/or being close like we were this year b/c again we have a good team. We just need another great WR and/or TE (to go along w/ MT) and a starting QB (but honestly I think they'll get Jameis back).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom