Not looking good for Dorsey/Ellis @ 10 (1 Viewer)

I think at this point Sedrick Ellis is a mortal lock to Cincinnati at #9, regardless of what happens to Dorsey.

The next question, in my mind, and the only threat keeping Dorsey from dropping to #10, is Atlanta. It seems to me as though they're positioning themselves to take him at #3. We'll see what they do at the QB position.

And then it's tempting to speculate jumping ahead of Cincinnati, but they could just as easily move up as well.

I would love to see us get a steal, but I don't think it's going to happen. Atlanta and Cincinatti are primed up for a DT, + you can make a case for any other team in the top 10 wanted a DT. I believe it's Dorsey @ 3 and Ellis @ 9. Then we'll be able to pick from the best available corners in the draft.

Ideally I'd love to see us move a pick for Robertson. If you can get him inked to a 3 or more year deal. Trade a 5th for him with a conditional 4th next year. Free up your options on draft day and target 2 guys that can make day 1 impacts.
There is a good possiblity that both are gone by #10, but there actually is a better possiblity that one of them fall to #10 now that free agency has started and the dolphins, raiders, and jets have all signed DT/NT.

There are also 4-5 teams that run the 3-4 and it seems that both Dorsey and Ellis aren't idealy suited for the 3-4 and that there strenghts would be better utilized in the 4-3.

It seems that the teams most likely to take a DT in the top 10 are the rams, falcons, chiefs and possibly the bengals. Both the rams and the chiefs have serious concerns on their o-line so they could possibly not draft a DT. The falcons has so many holes so they could possibly go in another direction in the 1st round. Are the Bengals going to be running a 3-4 defense and if so is the conventional wisdom true that Dorsey and Ellis are 4-3 DT and not 3-4 DT or DE.

If the Bengals run a 3-4 and Dorsey and Ellis aren't suited for the 3-4 then that seems to narrow it down to 3 teams. If, for example, the rams and the chiefs go o-line then the falcons could go DT and one would still be there for us at #10.

The big question IMO regarding us getting Dorsey or Ellis hinge on the question if they fit in the 3-4 or the 4-3.

If the Bengals run a 3-4 and Dorsey and Ellis aren't suited for the 3-4 then that seems to narrow it down to 3 teams. If, for example, the rams and the chiefs go o-line then the falcons could go DT and one would still be there for us at #10.

I believe Ellis projects well as a NT in the 3-4

Let's hope Miami takes a quarterback...everything else will fall in place

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom