Not looking good for Dorsey/Ellis @ 10 (1 Viewer)

morals99

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I would love to see us get a steal, but I don't think it's going to happen. Atlanta and Cincinatti are primed up for a DT, + you can make a case for any other team in the top 10 wanted a DT. I believe it's Dorsey @ 3 and Ellis @ 9. Then we'll be able to pick from the best available corners in the draft.

Ideally I'd love to see us move a pick for Robertson. If you can get him inked to a 3 or more year deal. Trade a 5th for him with a conditional 4th next year. Free up your options on draft day and target 2 guys that can make day 1 impacts.

They can even go 2 and 3. The rams should get Jake Long, but if they feel comfortable going to the season with Pace and and Alex Barron, they can take a tackle and move Carriker then to DE, his natural position.

I been looking at the top ten list and I think one of the two could fall.

Mia : Long (DE)
Stl : Long (OL)
Oak: D. McFadden
ATL: Matt Ryan
KC: Clady (they reached for him...they need OL help...stranger things can happen)
Jets
Pats
Balt
Cin: Gholston
NO:

I left a couple spots open cause the Jets filled there need for a nose tackle with Jenkins, the Pats need Corner help more than DT help and Baltimore needs a QB..but they could take a DT and Cinci to me will take Gholston cause he fits better as a speed rusher than a stand up guy in the Pats and Jets 3-4....I honestly think it could shape up where one of those guys Ellis or Dorsey will fall to us, Atl could take one, but there biggest need is at QB, they could take a QB and get there DT help in the 2nd or go DT and get there QB help in the 2nd....I dont think the top 9 guys are still set in stone because of FA....I think its gonna be a strange draft that will benefit the Saints...some players make since because of need and some players make sense because of depth, teams like to rotate guys now, at runningback, DE, DT...so just because a team has a clear cut starter, dont mean they wont take a guy who plays the same position.

I been looking at the top ten list and I think one of the two could fall.

Mia : Long (DE)
Stl : Long (OL)
Oak: D. McFadden
ATL: Matt Ryan
KC: Clady (they reached for him...they need OL help...stranger things can happen)
Jets
Pats
Balt
Cin: Gholston
NO:

I left a couple spots open cause the Jets filled there need for a nose tackle with Jenkins, the Pats need Corner help more than DT help and Baltimore needs a QB..but they could take a DT and Cinci to me will take Gholston cause he fits better as a speed rusher than a stand up guy in the Pats and Jets 3-4....I honestly think it could shape up where one of those guys Ellis or Dorsey will fall to us, Atl could take one, but there biggest need is at QB, they could take a QB and get there DT help in the 2nd or go DT and get there QB help in the 2nd....I dont think the top 9 guys are still set in stone because of FA....I think its gonna be a strange draft that will benefit the Saints...some players make since because of need and some players make sense because of depth, teams like to rotate guys now, at runningback, DE, DT...so just because a team has a clear cut starter, dont mean they wont take a guy who plays the same position.

I thought Atlanta won the coin toss? Probably doesn't change anything though.

I think at this point Sedrick Ellis is a mortal lock to Cincinnati at #9, regardless of what happens to Dorsey.

The next question, in my mind, and the only threat keeping Dorsey from dropping to #10, is Atlanta. It seems to me as though they're positioning themselves to take him at #3. We'll see what they do at the QB position.

I don't think they make it past #4 now. Mylanta grabs one, da Raiduhs grab the other. Disappointing, because I don't see us in a position to give up that much to trade up that high. I hope we trade down once they're gone.

They just released Joey Harrington...

So unless they acquire a potential starting QB, I think they take Ryan at #3.

I don't think they make it past #4 now. Mylanta grabs one, da Raiduhs grab the other. Disappointing, because I don't see us in a position to give up that much to trade up that high. I hope we trade down once they're gone.

Raiders won't draft a DT. They signed Terdell Sands (a NT) to a decent deal last year and just spent big bucks on Tommy Kelly (a 3-tech). They're covered and I doubt will add another 20 million dollar guarantee to that defensive line.

I'm actually starting to convince myself the Raiders are going McFadden, despite having Fargas. McFadden is exactly the sort of thing Davis would do.

I think at this point Sedrick Ellis is a mortal lock to Cincinnati at #9, regardless of what happens to Dorsey.

The next question, in my mind, and the only threat keeping Dorsey from dropping to #10, is Atlanta. It seems to me as though they're positioning themselves to take him at #3. We'll see what they do at the QB position.

I agree Spam.. I think Mike Smith would really like to grab Dorsey or Ellis (more likely Dorsey) and hope that Brohm or Flacco are there at the end of round 1 or for their pick in round 2.. He knows the value of quality defensive tackles, and after jettisoning Coleman and Jackson, the Birds are in need of some help in the middle.. Pair up Dorsey or Ellis next to Abraham (who's still a dynamic pass rusher) and you've got yourself a pretty nice starting DL..

They just released Joey Harrington...

So unless they acquire a potential starting QB, I think they take Ryan at #3.

Depends on how much they like Ryan. They could pull a Miami, pass on Ryan in the first (which may start a Quinn-like free-fall for Ryan) and just go for someone in the second (Woodson, Henne, Booty, Flacco might still be around, etc). No idea how they're evaluating these players right now.

Yeah I agree, I think we will be in a position to get Dorsey or Ellis cause the only team i can see absolutelty taking a DT is Cinci, they been trying to get one so far this offseason.

Raiders won't draft a DT. They signed Terdell Sands (a NT) to a decent deal last year and just spent big bucks on Tommy Kelly (a 3-tech). They're covered and I doubt will add another 20 million dollar guarantee to that defensive line.
I'm actually starting to convince myself the Raiders are going McFadden, despite having Fargas. McFadden is exactly the sort of thing Davis would do.

Hey, you can be right but I am thinking exactly the opposite. I think the raiders are set at running back with Justin Fargas, Dominic Rhodes and Michael Bush.

Tommy Kelley plays 3-tech but also play defensive end I think he will play in rotation at both positions. They will use i Gerard Warren and Terdell Sands at the nose, and Kelley and maybe someone else at the other tackle positon. I can see the raiders taking either a defensive tackle or end here.

It is the raiders, you never know with them.

Let's do some math.

The Saints pick at #10. There are two very good DT prospects. That means for the Saints to get one or the other, eight of the top ten picks have to go in another direction.

By my accounting, there are 5 players who almost everyone thinks is top 10 material besides Dorsey and Ellis: Jake Long, Chris Long, McFadden, Gholston, and Matt Ryan. That leaves three players that need to be non-DTs for either Ellis or Dorsey to fall to the Saints.

Most people agree that KC would like to take a DT, but are so hurting for OLs that they may reach for one even if Jake Long is gone. Many people think NE and and the Jets could pass on Dorsey, needing CBs instead. Then Cincinnati would have to pass at 9.

That's too many ifs. I think KC might pass, but Cincy probably takes one of them. Then there's Atlanta, who needs everything. If they don't go QB they will probably go DL.

The Saint's best chance is to trade up to #7 or #8, if Dorsey falls that far. Otherwise, we'll be taking a CB.

Hey, you can be right but I am thinking exactly the opposite. I think the raiders are set at running back with Justin Fargas, Dominic Rhodes and Michael Bush.

Tommy Kelley plays 3-tech but also play defensive end I think he will play in rotation at both positions. They will use i Gerard Warren and Terdell Sands at the nose, and Kelley and maybe someone else at the other tackle positon. I can see the raiders taking either a defensive tackle or end here.

It is the raiders, you never know with them.

Oh I forgot about Michael Bush. I wonder how well he's bounced back and what the Raiders staff thinks about him.

Dominic Rhodes isn't a barrier though, he stinks and has a cuttable contract. Lamont Jordan is in the same position.

Let's do some math.

The Saints pick at #10. There are two very good DT prospects. That means for the Saints to get one or the other, eight of the top ten picks have to go in another direction.

By my accounting, there are 5 players who almost everyone thinks is top 10 material besides Dorsey and Ellis: Jake Long, Chris Long, McFadden, Gholston, and Matt Ryan. That leaves three players that need to be non-DTs for either Ellis or Dorsey to fall to the Saints.

Most people agree that KC would like to take a DT, but are so hurting for OLs that they may reach for one even if Jake Long is gone. Many people think NE and and the Jets could pass on Dorsey, needing CBs instead. Then Cincinnati would have to pass at 9.

That's too many ifs. I think KC might pass, but Cincy probably takes one of them. Then there's Atlanta, who needs everything. If they don't go QB they will probably go DL.

The Saint's best chance is to trade up to #7 or #8, if Dorsey falls that far. Otherwise, we'll be taking a CB.

The Jets won't draft another CB and don't particularly need one. They're a virtual lock for a 3-4 OLB (Ghoulston), unless New England leap frogs them for just that. And Cincy has tried to trade for 2 DTs in the past 3 days (and failed both times), what on earth leads you to believe they'd pass?

Also Matt Ryan could concievably drop out of the top 10 if Atlanta and Miami pass on him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom