not much can be done with only 4.58 mil cap space (1 Viewer)

rlpmd

professor and contributor
Reaction score
and we ain't got much in draft capital. We are gonna have to hold steady and be happy at the top of the South and not much contender for SB unless someone achieves breakthrough and unexpected success. Calm before the storm or confidence or arrogance? Might even have trouble keeping our wanted RFA's.

loved the MD Sports Illustrated draft coverage of WR's which makes me hopeful, but then again I was talked into believing in TQ Smith being an inevitable superstar with Brees pulling the trigger and the SP offense of immense ingenuity.

Hard to not feel bad with a pandemic that is real and a salary cap situation that sucks with not much in draft picks to wildly fantasize about. This is not 2009, Toto,

giphy.gif

Here we go again.

and we ain't got much in draft capital. We are gonna have to hold steady and be happy at the top of the South and not much contender for SB unless someone achieves breakthrough and unexpected success. Calm before the storm or confidence or arrogance? Might even have trouble keeping our wanted RFA's.

loved the MD Sports Illustrated draft coverage of WR's which makes me hopeful, but then again I was talked into believing in TQ Smith being an inevitable superstar with Brees pulling the trigger and the SP offense of immense ingenuity.

Hard to not feel bad with a pandemic that is real and a salary cap situation that sucks with not much in draft picks to wildly fantasize about. This is not 2009, Toto,
Saints FA moves usually go down between day three and four.

We have talent that we acquired last season that can be restructured and resigned (Alonzo, Jenkins) along with resigning Von Bell and PJ Williams (who should come cheap). The Saints aren't a team void of talent we just need to re-up with the talent we have and keep adding through the draft.

Seems like the team is pretty complacent with the roster. Seems like we rather run it back than overhaul. I understand. We are 13-3 btb years. I believe if you don't try to get better. You'll get worse.

Just don't see how this team can be content with the roster when there are clearly glaring holes staring at you.

It's like refusing to go to the doctors to get stiches when you have a deep laceration, and instead, the choice to watch yourself slowly bleed out is chosen.

We have talent that we acquired last season that can be restructured and resigned (Alonzo, Jenkins) along with resigning Von Bell and PJ Williams (who should come cheap). The Saints aren't a team void of talent we just need to re-up with the talent we have and keep adding through the draft.

I lol at PJ Williams being talent.

Just don't see how this team can be content with the roster when there are clearly glaring holes staring at you.

It's like refusing to go to the doctors to get stiches when you have a deep laceration, and instead, watch yourself slowly bleed out.
I mean... What can we do. We can easily free up salary, but FO isn't budging..

Some of these signings that are happening are crazy. Im good holding steady and pick the malcom browns and demario davis.

You do realize we signed Brees and Onyemata. Not exactly standing by and watching the world burn.

And you do realize those moves are only for to prevent this team from getting worse, right?

You can't say re-signing our own players makes this team better than last year's roster. Because technically, they were already on the roster last year. Therefore, these moves so far only prevents us from getting worse.

Now, we to address the roster positions from LAST SEASON'S ISSUES.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom