Not quite the Greatest Show on Turf (1 Viewer)

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I had a lofty goal to use stats and projections to show how this year's offense was comparable to the "Greatest Show on Turf" until I actually got into the stats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greatest_Show_on_Turf

okay, those guys were insane. 5400 yards passing? Is that for real? Over 50 TDs? Sweet merciful crap, they were a good offense.

We have a ways to go to compete with the likes of those numbers.

A couple things that nobody seems to remember when it comes to the Rams Super Bowl team was that they had the #5 ranked rushing offense and the #1 ranked rushing defense.

well i guess the whole season is a wash now.....maybe next year:hihi:

I had a lofty goal to use stats and projections to show how this year's offense was comparable to the "Greatest Show on Turf" until I actually got into the stats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greatest_Show_on_Turf

okay, those guys were insane. 5400 yards passing? Is that for real? Over 50 TDs? Sweet merciful crap, they were a good offense.

We have a ways to go to compete with the likes of those numbers.

That was the 2000 year where they had a terrible defense, went 10-6, and we beat them in the playoffs. They also weren't anywhere near 5th in Rushing that year (more like 18th).

The team bclemms is refering to (which he correctly identified as the 1999 Super Bowl winning team) had
6,412 Total Yards
4,580 Passing (1st)
2,059 Rushing (5th)
66 Total TDs (42 passing, 13 rushing, 11 misc)
15 INTs, 33 sacks

At our current pace, we will have
6,440 Total Yards
4,920 Passing
1,518 Rushing
47 Total TDs (28 passing, 15 rushing, 4 misc)
16 INTs, 19 sacks (which is ridiculously low when compared to the number of attempts)

So we're close on the yardage but the thing about the Rams offense was how ridiculously prolific in scoring they were, which we aren't close too.

At our current rate, we're

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom