Not Sure How to Feel About Taysom (1 Viewer)

Feel free to play Winston and watch him put on a clinic of how to throw interceptions lol
I think Sean would limit the playbook to prevent Winston from throwing a lot of picks. I think this is how taysom looks against a decent defense. I will take the win but clearly this tells us he isn’t our future qb and please brees get healthy :)

Taysom Hill did not look good throwing (or not throwing) the ball today. He was way too hesitant and didn’t trust his eyes.

Let me say this though... Yes, it was a bad game for Taysom, BUT this can serve as a great learning opportunity for Taysom, and fortunately the Saints had an opponent that allowed him to struggle like that and the Saints still won.

Also, this time where Taysom has trouble getting the ball to Kamara in the air, could benefit Kamara in the long run... when Brees returns. AK41 is taking less hits and less wear and tear, not catching 5-9 balls a game.

Im trying to stay glass half full, but there’s no arguing Taysom Hill looked bad as a passer.

Good point! We will need AK41 at full strength for our playoff run to the Super Bowl.

I think Sean would limit the playbook to prevent Winston from throwing a lot of picks. I think this is how taysom looks against a decent defense. I will take the win but clearly this tells us he isn’t our future qb and please brees get healthy :)

Well Jameis isn't in the Arians pick 6 air raid offense anymore so I'd expect to see improvement.

Honestly, I was fighting falling asleep most of the game after finishing off the turkey leftovers and trying to pay attention to a game without QB's.

I agree. Taysom is luckily our defense is playing at such a high level. Based on these two games with him at the start, he is not the heir apparent to Drew Brees. In a shoot-out or game where we need to come from behind, Taysom does not appear to be the answer. I was hoping Payton would ask him to air it out more given that this was almost a given win but he kept it on the ground. Maybe out of respect for Denver's situation but I don't feel good with Taysom back there.

No, if he felt good about Taysom and was worried about showing up Denver, he would have played all out with Taysom for a half and then shut him down for Winston and a steady diet of handoffs in the second half. This reeked of wanting to be very, very safe. That's definitely a sign of lack of confidence in the QB's ability to be accurate and control the game.

The same people who, just last week, said “Taysom is the future!” And “Taysom IS an NFL QB!” And “I have to eat crow about Taysom!” Are the same ones saying the exact opposite this week. Gotta love the capriciousness of Saints fans.....

I still believe in Taysom Hill. This was just a rough game... I knew he was gonna have a rough outing as a new QB, but I think he will grow from this...

You have to think about it as a whole, its not just about Taysom. If our quarterback is going to throw for less than 100 yards a game, what was the point of paying Michael Thomas all that money? How long is he going to be a good teammate not getting yards and tds? Why did we pick up a true number 2 receiver when our quarterback can't hit the number one? Why pay Jared Cook money when Josh Hill can block? They all may give the correct answer of "i just want to win" but these guys have egos and will become disgruntled

The same people who, just last week, said “Taysom is the future!” And “Taysom IS an NFL QB!” And “I have to eat crow about Taysom!” Are the same ones saying the exact opposite this week. Gotta love the capriciousness of Saints fans.....

Exactly.

And many of these same people will later have 40 threads lamenting how the national media never gives us credit or highlights our dominance.

Never change SaintsReport. Never change. 🤣

Really, it wouldn't surprise me if Payton fixed some things and Hill had another decent game against Atlanta next week. But what we saw today doesn't give me confidence Hill is a special QB talent long term either. The knee jerk reaction would be to just say the experiment is over. I'm not ready to do that, but anyone that points out how bad Hill was today isn't wrong.

Glad we got the win and ready for Brees to get back.
I think your assessment is fair.

Definitely has to give Saints fans great pause after today.

I mean that was a mess. His confidence level to pull the trigger was diminished to near 0.

It was obvious from the first snap Payton was in his ear and bc of that, he was in his own head.

Its almost like right before the game Payton said, work on staying in the pocket and not running if nothings there. And, he was paralyzed by that thought, like a golfer thinking too much.

Last week Payton formulated a game plan where TH showed his passing chops and it looks like that instilled confidence. This week, due to weird circumstances, he put hand cuffs on TH, and it looked like he lacked confidence.

[

You guys really have to drop this "QB Wins" logic. The team beat the Broncos not Hill.

And the team lost to Minnesota not Brees.

Oh, wait. That was also the game that most of the board claimed Taysom nearly won. BY HIMSELF.

Just making sure we’re consistent with how we attribute blame and credit on this site.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom