Not Sure How to Feel About Taysom (1 Viewer)

And the team lost to Minnesota not Brees.

Oh, wait. That was also the game that most of the board claimed Taysom nearly won. BY HIMSELF.

Just making sure we’re consistent with how we attribute blame and credit on this site.
I'm still angry about that game.

Coaching lost that game.

I would just say that this is game 2 for Taysom and the Broncos defense wasn't half bad, yet the final score was 31-3.

I think it will be interesting to see how Taysom does vs a Falcons d that had a solid game today and I'm fully expecting they'll be watching film of today's game and adjust accordingly.

I suspect Payton will have a plan ready. We'll see. We went 4-0 with Teddy last year. We're halfway there with Taysom. One thing is certain, the defense is ballin like they did in that 4 game streak last year. Works for me.

Guess what. No one here needs to worry about making long term decisions about Taysom Hill today. Maybe consider the circumstances and make your very important formulated negative opinion after he has a few more games under his belt and is actually responsible for a loss.

Play calling? Play calling doesn't have anything to do with overlooking a wide open receiver mutiple times to throw into triple coverage
This is what I took away from it. He was ridiculously indecisive, couldn't find receivers when they were open, and took way too many unnecessary sacks.

He simply didn't play the quarterback role well. Simple as that. He was given a limited role, and still came up short.

Do your saying he's going to play even worse vs Atlanta?

I'm saying it is near impossible to make a judgement on Hill because we've seen good Hill and bad Hill but it has only been two games, and game three is when we will start to get a better idea of who Hill really is.

That would be sound reasoning but danged if Winston didn’t almost throw a pick in his first few throws against the 49ers.

But Taysom actually threw one. And we had a receiver open on the play too. Atlanta will be better prepared for us next game. Stop making excuses for him because yall has Hate Jameis for whatever reason.

I'm saying it is near impossible to make a judgement on Hill because we've seen good Hill and bad Hill but it has only been two games, and game three is when we will start to get a better idea of who Hill really is.

But bad Hill wasn't much better than their undrafted, signed as a WR, non-QB, no practice, practice squad player. Bad "QB" Hill is about as bad as it can possibly be.

Well.....about the best thing you can say about Taysom is the jury’s still out. When his first read was covered today he held on to the ball too long and took sacks. He looked overly concerned with not making mistakes and staying in the pocket. Not out creating plays in the open field. He made a couple of nice throws but also threw a terrible INT. So some good, some bad. It wasn’t the step forward I was hoping to see after last week’s second half performance.
According to Payton he was telling him to not take any chances with the ball. Maybe that's why he was reluctant to throw some of those passes.

According to Payton he was telling him to not take any chances with the ball. Maybe that's why he was reluctant to throw some of those passes.

I mean- did he tell him to look over wide open receivers and take sacks? Hesitate on screen plays? Lock in on Thomas and look over open receivers? I just rewatched 2 plays. He took a sack on the first series, I believe, when he refused to throw to a wide open TQS. On the INT he forced the throw to Thomas when TQS was open on a short route. Forget the play calling, he looked horrible today no matter how you shake it. Can the guy even read a defense or look to secondary options? I’m not so sure.

Last edited:
I mean- did he tell him to look over wide open receivers and take sacks? Hesitate of screen plays? Lock in on Thomas and look over open receivers? I just rewatched 2 plays. He took a sack on the first series, I believe, when he refused to throw to a eide open TQS. On the INT he forced the throw to Thomas when TQS was open on a short route. Forget the play calling, he looked horrible today no matter how you shake. Can the guy even read a defense or look to secondary options? I’m not so sure.
He was doing all of that in the second half last week. I'm not saying he was good today just that he seemed to hesitate to throw unless the guy was wide open. Maybe Payton beat it into head that he shouldn't take ANY chances and he became overly cautious.

Or maybe he's worse than the guy who threw more interceptions than completions. You know almost as effective as Taysom like some are claiming.

He didn’t look good at all today BUT it’s also possible Payton’s constant pounding about taking care of the ball and conservative playcalling (both of which were correct) messed with Taysom’s head a bit.

Im willing to dismiss this as a one-off IF he comes back strong next weekend in Atlanta. I just don’t think you can make a case one way or the other yet.

I’m excited to see what Hill gives us next week. If we are accepting Sean and Taysom’s post game comments to be true, then I imagine we will see a much different, a sexier offense.

Missing the left side of the line didn’t do Taysom and favors, but that shouldn’t be a problem next week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom