Not Sure How to Feel About Taysom (1 Viewer)

He is a solid piece to the puzzle.

That's how I viewed him both before and after the last 2 games.

You were watching on TV with rewind and slo mo and freeze frame. Hill was in there getting thumped and doing his best not to turn the ball over. He managed us to a win. What scares me is the fumbles.

He was getting thumped because instead of getting rid of the ball he held it too long. three steps and he had guys wide open heck in some instances two step drops. Plus I had the sound on and the commentators seem to have agreed since that was the main criticism they had of him. Not surprisingly it was Drew's criticism of Hill as well.

You were watching on TV with rewind and slo mo and freeze frame. Hill was in there getting thumped and doing his best not to turn the ball over. He managed us to a win. What scares me is the fumbles.

Very true, but if he can’t find wide open receivers when he is not under pressure, then maybe he shouldn’t be starting in the NFL. He’s been studying this offense for 3 years!

Very true, but if he can’t find wide open receivers when he is not under pressure, then maybe he shouldn’t be starting in the NFL. He’s been studying this offense for 3 years!
It's one thing to study, another thing to go out into a live game and get reps. How many qbs light it up second game starting?

You have to think about it as a whole, its not just about Taysom. If our quarterback is going to throw for less than 100 yards a game, what was the point of paying Michael Thomas all that money? How long is he going to be a good teammate not getting yards and tds? Why did we pick up a true number 2 receiver when our quarterback can't hit the number one? Why pay Jared Cook money when Josh Hill can block? They all may give the correct answer of "i just want to win" but these guys have egos and will become disgruntled
Maybe next year if what you are seeing right now is near the ceiling for Hill.

If it is then Payton has to decide to un-bias himself from Hill and see what Winston can do, as a more polished passer.

But that’s Payton's offseason dilemma. I think everyone is banking on getting Brees back at the last 2 games and that he will be healthy and effective for one final run. Let’s hope...because I’m not sure Hill or Winston can carry the thing to a championship.

If Brees doesn’t get back or isn’t 100% for the start of the playoffs I’d probably vote for Winston with Taysom back in his joker role...seems the best shot to survive without Brees, assuming they can control Winstons turnover issue.

I feel like that was a pre-season game.

Also, this is the Taysom you get AFTER teams have film on him.

If he has another game like this next week, then this is the QB you get. Last week, there was no film on him.

I said the same. He was good last week but he will look different when defenses can plan for him.

If he is bad next week then this excitement is over. Payton is a smart coach and he will get the best out of him and we will see what happens.

Impossible game to judge.

I'm sure Payton micro managing didn't hepl one bit

I can see this. It was an odd game all the way around. Just looking at our run/pass ratio, it's obvious that SP just wanted to get in, get the win, and get out. Mission accomplished there. As for our passing stats, throwing the ball 16 times spread out over a whole game that was never in doubt... I feel like maybe it's hard to get a rhythm and maybe that's all it was. Wasnt sold on Taysom after last week just like I'm not down on him after this game. I need to see him in another game or two.

Wow this thread is flat out embarrassing to read. I never thought the greatest NFL fans on earth would be such a bunch of fair weather flip-floppers. (well you have fair weather and wear crocs and flip flops). When Brees threw 5 INT's against the Falcons or when he lost a couple of games for us, most of you (incl. me) supported him as you should. Now this??? Taysom was not that bad (Brees and J Winston have had worse games in their careers). This was an unusual game for all. Changed game plan in last 48 hours. I liked the game plan. Looked rock solid. And no, Taysom did not play great but he commanded the game as a game manager great and we got a convincing W. 31 pts against a Vic Fangio defense (when they knew we would be running) speaks for it self.

Your own perfomance as Saints fans = D- Embarrassing (if you continue like this you simply become "Falcons light" fans)

Last edited:
Real talk if Hill couldn't run a 4.4 & truck over guys now & then most would be unimpressed. That's pretty much all the guy offers. 2 delay of games, indecisive as hell & YET AGAIN another fumble. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CSP plz put this man in the TE room & leave him there

Wow this thread is flat out embarrassing to read. I never thought the greatest NFL fans on earth would be such a bunch of fair weather flip-floppers. (well you have fair weather and wear crocs and flip flops). When Brees threw 5 INT's against the Falcons or when he lost a couple of games for us, most of you (incl. me) supported him as you should. Now this??? Taysom was not that bad (Brees and J Winston have had worse games in their careers). This was an unusual game for all. Changed game plan in last 48 hours. I liked the game plan. Looked rock solid. And no, Taysom did not play great but he commanded the game as a game manager great and we got a convincing W. 31 pts against a Vic Fangio defense (when they knew we would be running) speaks for it self.

Your own perfomance as Saints fans = D- Embarrassing (if you continue like this you simply become "Falcons light" fans)
That’s like, your opinion, man.

Attachments

• AC5FA33E-714F-4101-B9CE-8D36C33E723F.gif
    AC5FA33E-714F-4101-B9CE-8D36C33E723F.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom