Not Sure How to Feel About Taysom (1 Viewer)

It‘s not equivalent at all. He still had enough practice within the offense during 3 years with the team to have some of the timing concepts down and he can’t complete a screen pass or make quick decisions. Age is relevant in most sports especially football And especially at the QB position.

All completely false... Age is irrelevant in this case... Experience and time on task is relevant in this case... In this case Allen likely had more time on task strictly at QB in one TC than Taysom had in 3 seasons here training to be QB plus 3 other positions.

He can complete screen passes, and has done so.... proof is only a week in the rear view mirror... same for quick decisions he made last week while completing 78% of his passes.... have a memory for more than a week.

How many reps do you think he had with the first team this season? I suspect very few if any at all. Regardless, I trust Payton. Whatever he decides, I'm good with it tbh.

I don’t believe he had many reps but most backups don’t get reps and they’re expected to come in and perform. I trust Payton as well and I hope Hill gets better. If Payton goes in a different direction I’m fine with that too.

So what... no one cares where a player is drafted once they are in the building (especially CSP).... Point stands. It will take more than 2 games to evaluate... and Sean has committed to giving him that opportunity. (both verbally and financially)
Money and where you are drafted always matters, see Chicago and Philly. Some may argue that the money we paid TH is the primary reason he's getting the call over Winston. I've never said 2 games were enough to evaluate him but we already know what he is at 30 years old.

All completely false... Age is irrelevant in this case... Experience and time on task is relevant in this case... In this case Allen likely had more time on task strictly at QB in one TC than Taysom had in 3 seasons here training to be QB plus 3 other positions.

He can complete screen passes, and has done so.... proof is only a week in the rear view mirror... same for quick decisions he made last week while completing 78% of his passes.... have a memory for more than a week.

Ok well I guess you know something that every other football expert doesn’t when it comes to age. The ability to make quick decisions and process what’s happening is something that you have at this point or you don’t. Being a one read and then take off QB most of his life, good luck developing those traits at 30. The week he completed 78% of his passes the criticism was the same. Takes too long to get rid of the ball, takes too many sacks, throws risky passes. We were lucky that the opponent was the Failcons and they had no film on Hill.

Ok well I guess you know something that every other football expert doesn’t when it comes to age. The week he completed 78% of his passes the criticism was the same. Takes too long to get rid of the ball, takes too many sacks, throws risky passes. We were lucky that the opponent was the Failcons and they had no film on Hill.

I know how to compare apples to apples... Obviously so does Sean... and Taysom looked fine against the Falcons for a 1st start... to say otherwise shows a lack of perspective, or just plain bias.

This is being done because CSP has decreed it multiple times "Comparison to Steve Young" - "The next guy is already in the building" - "He's earned it", etc... and then proceeded to start Taysom after Brees was injured.

It's not some mass delusion... Coach said it was going to happen... and it's happening.

This isn't that hard. He's going to get an extended shot to be the next guy... because Sean said he would.
You just contradicted your first response to my post when you said " Taysom isn't 'our' quarterback, he's currently the backup filling in for our actual quarterback."

Going by what you just posted, the next quarterback is in the building and its Taysom according to sean Payton by your above post. Michael Thomas isn't a free agent after this year or next, brees will most likely retire after this year or next. So which is it, Taysom isnt our quarterback or do you believe Sean Payton? You can't claim it both ways so you can't be wrong.
And no I'm not wrong,read your own post which point towards me being right.

I know how to compare apples to apples... Obviously so does Sean... and Taysom looked fine against the Falcons for a 1st start... to say otherwise shows a lack of perspective, or just plain bias.

Come on dude. You’re emotionally invested into Taysom. I’m emotionally invested in the team. He had a great game but if you can honestly look at that game and say he made quick decision and didn’t hold the football too long then it shows your bias.

Money and where you are drafted always matters, see Chicago and Philly. Some may argue that the money we paid TH is the primary reason he's getting the call over Winston. I've never said 2 games were enough to evaluate him but we already know what he is at 30 years old.

Where you are drafted does not matter once you are in the building... Sean has said this repeatedly - and has shown he means it on many many many occasions...

Taysom is getting the start because Sean believes in him, and has earn the opportunity... this has also been repeated on many occasions by Sean...

Winston is not starting because he's 3rd string reclamation project with almost no time in the system, and having no real offseason to work on his game....

In today's game... 30 years old for a QB is the beginning of his prime years... Warren Moon didn't become an NFL starter until he was 28 (obviously for different and ridiculous reasons)... but his age and draft status was irrelevant.... and will always be a secondary consideration to Talent and Production over time.

Last edited:
You just contradicted your first response to my post when you said " Taysom isn't 'our' quarterback, he's currently the backup filling in for our actual quarterback."

Going by what you just posted, the next quarterback is in the building and its Taysom according to sean Payton by your above post. Michael Thomas isn't a free agent after this year or next, brees will most likely retire after this year or next. So which is it, Taysom isnt our quarterback or do you believe Sean Payton? You can't claim it both ways so you can't be wrong.
And no I'm not wrong,read your own post which point towards me being right.

No I didn't - I just didn't make the distinction between the current QB situation and the future QB situation... which is pretty self explanatory at this point.

Your second paragraph doesn't make any sense.... I nearly had a stroke trying to figure out what you are saying.

Come on dude. You’re emotionally invested into Taysom. I’m emotionally invested in the team. He had a great game but if you can honestly look at that game and say he made quick decision and didn’t hold the football too long then it shows your bias.

Stop.

Read and react comes with repetition. Period.

I can type with my eyes closed because i hit the same keys over and over and over again. I couldnt type a lick when i started my job 20 years ago.

He has to have the in game reps to complete the cycle of learning. Practice reps are at about 80% speed than game day reps. Ask your experts. They will tell you. Taysom, at FT QB, needs a full season under his belt ( including mini camps, tc and preseason ) to really start to "feel" all aspects of the QB position.

You think Drew walked into the QB position his first year looking like he does in 2020?

Just stop.

Nope... If Sean comes out tomorrow and says Winston is starting because he deserves a shot and believes he's the guys that gives us the best chance to win... I am officially on the Jameis band wagon at that very moment... as of now.... I think that possibly is slim and none... and that's putting it lightly.

It‘s not equivalent at all. He still had enough practice within the offense during 3 years with the team to have some of the timing concepts down and he can’t complete a screen pass or make quick decisions. Age is relevant in most sports especially football And especially at the QB position.

Also Josh Allen did not have Mike Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Cook, and Kamara as offensive weapons. Along with an amazing offensive line......

Do you understand a concept?

Timing ONLY comes with repetition. If you expected Taysom to hit CGM on a 8 yd slant in the numbers, repeatedly, in only his second start, you may want to lower your bar.

Stop.

Read and react comes with repetition. Period.

I can type with my eyes closed because i hit the same keys over and over and over again. I couldnt type a lick when i started my job 20 years ago.

He has to have the in game reps to complete the cycle of learning. Practice reps are at about 80% speed than game day reps. Ask your experts. They will tell you. Taysom, at FT QB, needs a full season under his belt ( including mini camps, tc and preseason ) to really start to "feel" all aspects of the QB position.

You think Drew walked into the QB position his first year looking like he does in 2020?

Just stop.

Dude you just stop nobody is asking Hill to look like Brees in 2020 but what I am asking Hill to be able to do is hit the open receiver, process the field, complete screen passes consistently. You know something you learn while actually learning the position. You guys are hilarious man.

Do you understand a concept?

Timing ONLY comes with repetition. If you expected Taysom to hit CGM on a 8 yd slant in the numbers, repeatedly, in only his second start, you may want to lower your bar.

I actually played on a high level so the things I’m speaking on I know and fully understand lol. I expect Taysom to hit CGM perfectly on a slant when CGM is wide open and he has 4 seconds to throw because that’s what a NFL QB should be able to do.

Dude you just stop nobody is asking Hill to look like Brees in 2020 but what I am asking Hill to be able to do is hit the open receiver, process the field, complete screen passes consistently. You know something you learn while actually learning the position. You guys are hilarious man.

Maybe not hit everytime. But atlease see when the reciever is open and throw to him. Hill looks scared to throw and doesnt trust himself. He cannot see when recievers are about to be open and holds the ball way to long

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom