Not sure where Putin is going with this. (1 Viewer)

quick someone get me a MEME with Putin, shirtless, standing atop a cliff at waters edge, blowing into a large conch shell.

lol

People think that they should be worried about Kim Jong-un because he is young, irrational and does not have a firm grasp on reality. I think people should be more worried about Putin because he is older, experienced, methodical and can see the big picture and understands cause and effect.

It could easily have to do with anticipation of a Clinton White House equaling worsening US/Russia relations. Iirc, He thinks, and it probably has some truth to it, that Clinton as SoS was largely trying to undermine his power base.

That's what I was thinking. Trump is toast so he's being proactive vis a vis HRC.

So far this isn't being reported by any of the major news networks as far as I can tell. It's a scary thought to be honest. Like GWD said above, Putin is a lot scarier than Kim Jong-un because he is older, experienced and more educated in such affairs.

Most of what Putin does is aimed at internal forces and sentiments. He plays the role of the strong protector, keeping Russia safe and strong in the world. I think it's a dramatic stretch to view this (if it's even accurate) as war preparation. He's good at keeping Russia in the anticipation of action to counter the threats (real or rhetorical) that he fosters among the Russian populace. This seems precisely in that vein.

Not a surprise, we are basically fighting a proxy war with them in Syria. And now the federal government on behalf of Clinton are accusing the Russians of the hacks without any proof and playing to the Soviet Union fears. Between the Obama administration and a potential Clinton presidency our relationship with Russia is at an all time low.

Not a surprise, we are basically fighting a proxy war with them in Syria. And now the federal government on behalf of Clinton are accusing the Russians of the hacks without any proof and playing to the Soviet Union fears. Between the Obama administration and a potential Clinton presidency our relationship with Russia is at an all time low.

im almost certain you wont.

Unless you have NSA security clearance.

Putin is a bully and a drama queen. He wants no one around who is as strong as he is, and Hillary won't back down. The fact Russia has attempted to influence elections in other countries is beyond doubt if you have been staying on top of things. Russia, under Putin understands manipulation well. He knows that people are cattle and Facebook and random internet trash is a great way at influencing people and undercutting views. We used to be really good at it with radio into areas, the Russians are now using the cyber (I had to). So,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you seriously blaming our poor relationship with Russia on Obama and Clinton?

Putin is still fighting the cold war. He still lives in the cold war mentality. He wants to recreate the Soviet Union. His action and statements back this up.

The US can never have a workable relationship with Russia as long as Putin is involved. Putin is not an honest broker.

So it's all about Obama and Clinton poking the Russians? I don't think we're fighting a proxy war with them in Syria - at least not in the same sense that we used to fight proxy wars with the Soviets. In fact, the lack of commitment from the US in support of the Syrian rebels is precisely what set the precedent for Russia to come and save Assad. And they did it under false pretenses, supposedly coming to join the fight against ISIS, and then immediately going to bomb the rebels. Of course, this all comes after Russia's meddling in Ukraine to eliminate pro-Euro factions and set the pretext of action to annex Crimea.

I think it is widely known in the intelligence community that the hacks came from Russia and those in the need-to-know have seen the evidence. Those outside of that knowledge have similarly concluded that all signs point to Russian-state actors: The Weird Logic Behind Russia's Alleged Hacking | The National Interest

The relationship isn't good. But your characterization of the source of the strain is off the mark.

"She craves power. Her view is that Hillary is the most important person on the planet, that America is an exceptional country, as Barack Obama said," said Zhirinovsky. "That's dangerous. She could start a nuclear war."

In typically chauvinistic remarks, Zhirinovsky said Clinton's gender should also bar her from the presidency.

"Most Americans should choose Trump because men have been leading for millions of year. You can't take the risk of having one of the richest, most powerful countries led by a woman president," he said.

Wow, this guy...

So, at what point do we need to work with China to get Russia to chill out?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom