NOT the same old Saints - far from ! (1 Viewer)

Dragon

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm suprised about how much negativity is on this board today..

This is not the same ol' saints, far from

This team has a leader
This team has a heart
This team NEVER quits
This team is a T E A M

They may lose a game but they were in there right to the end....

Just a question

How come so many get so negative after we almost beat the reigning SB champions, in their own house, and with them playing with a major chip on their shoulder - Who would have thought that in august !

We were never out of the game

We have a QB and team leader who throws for almost 400 yards and NO interceptions....

We have 2 great RB's who scores 3 TD's between them...

We have a ROY WR, with almost 150 yards....

Yes we lost the game and yes there is still work to do, but don't call them the same ol' Saints, because they are not. They are something we have not have in a very,very long time if ever

A young, smart,up and comming team who works and study hard, shows class and character on and off field and WANTS to win so badly that they fight every second of the 60 game minutes.

I hope the fans are willing to fight for this team as much as the team fights for its fans and the city.

I only get to attend one game this season ( and it takes a 27 hour journey to get there) and win or loose, I'll be in my seat supporting this team until the second the gameclock hits 00:00. I probably will not be able to say a word the day after the game, but this team deserves every support possible.

GEAUX SAINTS

Since when aren't people allowed to complain? There really wouldn't be much for us to talk about here if people didn't have different opinons. Besides we lost to a 2-6 team. What they did last year is in the past.

I think some fans have been spoiled with the early victories and have raised their expectations. I ask these same fans if you would be told, lets say around draft time, that the saints would be 6 - 3 at this time of the year would you be so negative or thrilled?

Guys, we are 6-3 and that is pretty good, how can you complain?? Iam so thrilled with how this team has performed from a year ago. Be happy with what we have this year! I still think they will make the playoffs maybe not go far but just imagine how good we will be next year when they fix the problems on defense! So enjoy it!

If someone would have told me at seasons start that we'd be 6-3 after 9 games, with losses to the Steelers, Panthers and Ravens, I'd be dancing a jig right now. Guess what? I still am! This team has moxie, and does not give up. They play hard at all times, and Saints teams in the recent past cannot stake that claim. Plus, finally we have a bonafied top QB in Drew Brees, who keeps us in games...that's something we haven't said since #8 donned a Saints uni.

Geaux Saints!

The thing that I like about this team the most is that we are in every game and if we are down we always have a chance to come back and win. The Saints are finally fun to watch after many years of boredom!

Totally agree. While disappointed with this loss, I came away feeling like this team can hang with ANY team in the league, and can go deep in the playoffs. No complaining here.

...and Colston had 168 yards....

I agree, some people just get really really depressed after a loss and thus their posts reflect it. I don't think its anything to worry about. We are in the thick of the playoff hunt and no one in the NFC has a better record than us but the Bears. We are doing awesome!

If someone would have told me at seasons start that we'd be 6-3 after 9 games, with losses to the Steelers, Panthers and Ravens, I'd be dancing a jig right now.

I predicted 6 - 3 before the season started (however, I had a win against the Ravens and a road loss to the Bucs). You might ask why or how I predicted the Saints as a 6 - 3 team. I heard but didn't believe the "talking heads" on ESPN or Fox or HBO, etc. who predicted 3-13, 4-12 or 7 - 9 records. Even though the record indicated 3 - 13, I never thought this was a 3 - 13 team last year. The Saints had a lot of adversity because of Katrina and that moreso than lack of actual talent was the cause for their dismal 3 - 13 record. I also factored in Home Field advantage and the difficulty in sweeping teams in the Division and I the impact Brees, McCallister and Bush would have on this team. My preseason prediction has them finishing conservatively finishing at 10 - 6 winning out the rest of their home games. If they can steal a game or two on the road, they should be able to pull out an 11 - 5 or 12 - 4 record as I predicted before the beginning of the season.

The Steelers had to bring out their A++ game at home to beat the Saints even with 3 turnovers and poor special teams play. Enough said.

:gosaints: :bier:

I'm suprised about how much negativity is on this board today..

This is not the same ol' saints, far from

This team has a leader
This team has a heart
This team NEVER quits
This team is a T E A M

They may lose a game but they were in there right to the end....

Just a question

How come so many get so negative after we almost beat the reigning SB champions, in their own house, and with them playing with a major chip on their shoulder - Who would have thought that in august !

We were never out of the game

We have a QB and team leader who throws for almost 400 yards and NO interceptions....

We have 2 great RB's who scores 3 TD's between them...

We have a ROY WR, with almost 150 yards....

Yes we lost the game and yes there is still work to do, but don't call them the same ol' Saints, because they are not. They are something we have not have in a very,very long time if ever

A young, smart,up and comming team who works and study hard, shows class and character on and off field and WANTS to win so badly that they fight every second of the 60 game minutes.

I hope the fans are willing to fight for this team as much as the team fights for its fans and the city.

I only get to attend one game this season ( and it takes a 27 hour journey to get there) and win or loose, I'll be in my seat supporting this team until the second the gameclock hits 00:00. I probably will not be able to say a word the day after the game, but this team deserves every support possible.

GEAUX SAINTS

Great Post, Dragon. I'm right there with ya. As a fan of this team since the late 60's, I couldn't be prouder of the way this team plays on the field and how they conduct themselves off the field. For me it all comes down to a word that Payton used often in describing the guys he wanted on his team: High Character Guys. A far cry from the last regime.

I've got a feeling they win the next 3 and quiet the naysayers. And aside from the fumble, Reggie looks like he is figuring it out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom