Not today kidney stones, not today (1 Viewer)

I had one.a couple years ago.. never drink energy drinks.. it was summer time and was drinking tons of water at work.. felt like someone was twisting a knife in side..I drove from work 25 minutes to my the doctors office, I cussed out loud all the way there.. as soon as I gave the nurse a urine sample, it quit. I thought maybe I passed it, and she was like, well it's not in the sample, so no.. she said it only hurt while it was on the move. Gave me a strainer to pee through every time took a leak, and some Tramanol (that I never even used).
a couple hours later when picking up my daughter from dance, BAM.. my daughter (11 yr old) was like, what's wrong? I was like, don't talk and just ignore the grunting and cuss words. after I get home, it stopped.. the next morning, there it was in the strainer..
Basically it's a jagged rock passing through a spaghetti noodle from the kidney to the bladder..

Yeah - I have a high tolerance for pain, but this stupid little rock had me on my knees vomiting.
the doctor gave me some nausea medicine too. luckily mine passed without me needing it.. by the time I first felt it to the time it passed was only about 12 hours, but I only had about 1 total hour of pain. I couldn't even imagine more than that..

I feel your pain brothers. The last several I have had were too big to pass and eventually required laser lithotripsy to break up the stones and remove them. Not a pleasant experience, but I will take it over the pain of the stones. I have a scan coming up in a little over a week to see how big the ones I have now are, which will likely be followed by another procedure. Yay! Big fun.

I feel your pain. These were my last ones, almost two years ago. (Frequent for about 3 years before that) Three of the big ones came out after about 4 days of pain. The fourth and the little ones about 6 hours later. My wife was not home, so I texted her I had quadruplets.

I have more in the kidney, so I am just waiting.

Attachments

• IMG_1413.JPG
    IMG_1413.JPG
    342.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
My first one was 2006, put me on the ground for a couple of hours. Didn’t know what it was so I ignored it. That night I had another painful attack and the next morning my pee looked like Pepsi from the blood. Went in and there was a 10mm stone stuck coming right out of the kidney, and causing my kidney to swell. Had emergency surgery, they ultrasonic blasted it to pieces and I passed the debris a week later. Basically peed out hundreds of stone pieces, that whole process that morning was very painful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom