Not worried about the run as much now... (1 Viewer)

NorfolkedSaint

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just after reading payton's comments of how the team takes what is given to them (from an offensive standpoint), I am not so worried about our lack of running game the past 2 games. I think that it only shows that we're not 1 dimensional and that if anything else we SHOULD pass more with our offensive line doing so well at pass protection. I mean if that's what we excel at why not do it?? I would like to see better run blocking but I guess as long as we win I could really care less about a balanced offense. Just as long as we continue to exploit opposing defenses if they focus on thing or the other.

...of course I do worry about a defense that is solid in both run and pass defense but then again what team doesn't worry about a team like that.

Who knows, the Steelers may gear up for the pass Sunday and that would open up the run for Deuce? I would love to see him get 150+ yds as the Saints usually win when he goes over 100.

Lack of run bothers me a bit only because sooner or later we will run onto a bad weather game and will need to run the ball

That's true, but early in the year our running game was fine so I have full confidence when we need it we will use it again.

Who knows, the Steelers may gear up for the pass Sunday and that would open up the run for Deuce? I would love to see him get 150+ yds as the Saints usually win when he goes over 100.

Pick your poison...Gotta love this offense. This is the #1 reason this team can play with anyone, anywhere. Brees can efficiently move the ball down the field, or kill you with the play action or pump and go bomb...defend that and Deuce will kill you 6 yds at a time...try to defend all that and keep an eye on Bush!

Imagine us with a top tier tight end.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom