Notable Covid Victims (2 Viewers)

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I saw that. And just posted it on the Covid Super Thread... I hate to hear this, Sure had some memories with a few of his songs...
Especially "Prop me up by the Jukebox" was a favorite.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Completely morbid question, and please excuse me if inappropriate, but should we start a thread for celebrities who die? Ugh, I don't even like typing that sentence because it just seems wrong.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Update from John Prine’s family - doesn’t sound good. I swear I just watched him on stage (online) like six weeks ago.

1585526850908.png

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Completely morbid question, and please excuse me if inappropriate, but should we start a thread for celebrities who die? Ugh, I don't even like typing that sentence because it just seems wrong.
This can be the thread. It’s morbid but it’s reality.

jasonsw

Swimmer is my friend
Reaction score
I saw that Jimmy Edmonds is in horrible shape from Covid. He's one of my favorite all time baseball players. He busted his butt every game for my Angels and Cards.

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
There’s another thread with a similar title, but after 1 post it took a turn more about the virus and other conditions.....and not about Joe.

This thread is for those who were fans.....I was a huge fan of his Garth/Alan Jackson 1990’s era country.

Joe was always the relatively unknown star that folks knew his songs but didn’t realize it was Diffie.

So many hits, but really only most notable for 3 songs......Prop Me Up, John Deere Green and Pickup Man.

Still enjoy his stuff today, and actually just heard him the other day speaking about Kenny Rogers.

So sad.

Here’s to you Joe!!!!

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I have merged the off-topic posts with the main thread. It was good discussion just not the best location.

I know I read somewhere that two former LSU athletes succumbed to the virus. Does anybody have that info?

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I have merged the off-topic posts with the main thread. It was good discussion just not the best location.

I know I read somewhere that two former LSU athletes succumbed to the virus. Does anybody have that info?
Here. The URL mistakenly lists Drew Pearson, but it's Pearson Jordan. :covri:

The LSU Track and Field team's Twitter account posted about the passing of McDaniel, as well as the death of Pearson Jordan, another former LSU track athlete. A Twitter post from the LSU L-Club said Jordan also died of novel coronavirus.

Jordan competed for the Tigers from 1976-79 and was part on an NCAA 4x400 champion relay team in 1979.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus All-Pro Saints returner Deonte Harris placed on reserve/COVID-19 list SR News Page Articles 0
Saints standout Deonte Harris placed on reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Moon Deonte Harris on reserve/COVID-19 list Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Saints place All-Pro returner Deonte Harris on reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint put Deonte Harris on COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, August 10: Saints safety announces a name change and one player cleared from COVID list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Source: Saints LS Zach Wood to be reinstated from reserve/COVID-19 list after negative tests Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints long snapper Zach Wood retests negative, still in COVID-19 protocol SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints to activate linebacker Kaden Elliss from reserve/COVID-19 SR News Page Articles 0
Saints announce signing of LB Nigel Bradham, activate LB Kaden Eliss from COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints linebacker Kaden Ellis cleared from COVID-19 list, long snapper Zach Wood to be cleared pending second negative test Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Source: Saints LB Kaden Elliss to be reinstated from reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, August 7: Sean Payton happy with Jameis Winston and two players added to reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints place LB Kaden Eliss, long snapper Zach Wood on COVID-19/reserve list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints place LS Zach Wood, LB Kaden Elliss on reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
COVID-19 deadline has passed with no additional Saints opting out Saints RSS News Feeds 0
2 Saints players put on Covid-19 list Locker Room (Smack Allowed) 103
N/S Raiders lied to players about Gruden having Covid Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Andrus Saints won't benefit from NFL adding salary cap space due to COVID-19 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints attempting their own semi-bubble to cope with COVID-19 SR News Page Articles 0