Notable Covid Victims (1 Viewer)

I saw that. And just posted it on the Covid Super Thread... I hate to hear this, Sure had some memories with a few of his songs...
Especially "Prop me up by the Jukebox" was a favorite.

RIP Joe Diffie.

“Complications caused by the virus” is a funny way to say it. A suppose if you’re shot, you don’t die from the gunshot, you die of the complications it causes to your ability to live.

Completely morbid question, and please excuse me if inappropriate, but should we start a thread for celebrities who die? Ugh, I don't even like typing that sentence because it just seems wrong.

Update from John Prine’s family - doesn’t sound good. I swear I just watched him on stage (online) like six weeks ago.

1585526850908.png

Completely morbid question, and please excuse me if inappropriate, but should we start a thread for celebrities who die? Ugh, I don't even like typing that sentence because it just seems wrong.

This can be the thread. It’s morbid but it’s reality.

I saw that Jimmy Edmonds is in horrible shape from Covid. He's one of my favorite all time baseball players. He busted his butt every game for my Angels and Cards.

There’s another thread with a similar title, but after 1 post it took a turn more about the virus and other conditions.....and not about Joe.

This thread is for those who were fans.....I was a huge fan of his Garth/Alan Jackson 1990’s era country.

Joe was always the relatively unknown star that folks knew his songs but didn’t realize it was Diffie.

So many hits, but really only most notable for 3 songs......Prop Me Up, John Deere Green and Pickup Man.

Still enjoy his stuff today, and actually just heard him the other day speaking about Kenny Rogers.

So sad.

Here’s to you Joe!!!!

I’m not trying to derail the non-notable Covid victims discussion, but perhaps Bobby Hebert’s dad can be included here.

Thanks, guys. I have merged the off-topic posts with the main thread. It was good discussion just not the best location.

I know I read somewhere that two former LSU athletes succumbed to the virus. Does anybody have that info?

Tom Dempsey has coronavirus but it sounds like it is mild.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom