Note from Roger Goodell via E-Mail from NFL [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

*_deuce_*

Keeping the Faith
Reaction score
Didnt see this posted yet MOD`s please delete if posted.

Dear NFL Fans:

Like you, we are ready to get “Back to Football.” And like you, we want to help ensure that young athletes participating in sports this fall are playing safely.

The health and safety of players at all levels of the game is our first priority. Among our most important initiatives is helping athletes and their coaches know the signs and symptoms of concussion; and what to do if they suspect an athlete has a head injury. Through the leadership of our NFL Head, Neck and Spine Committee and partnerships with organizations like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we are finding new ways to protect players, adapt to scientific discoveries, and promote a culture of safety.

We applaud USA Football, the sport’s national governing body and the expert in player development and coaching education, on the launch this week of its Heads Up Football program, a health and safety resource for parents, coaches and players.

As part of Heads Up Football, you can learn about the importance of properly fitted equipment, prevention and treatment of concussions from the CDC, youth football rules, and the basics of proper “Heads Up Tackling.” To learn more, visit usafootball.com.

We are committed to the safety of young athletes, no matter what sport they play. This off-season, we announced our role in a multi-partner youth football helmet replacement program for underserved communities. The initiative will replace helmets that are 10 years old or older with new helmets at no cost to beneficiary leagues. With our partners in this campaign, including the NFL Players Association, we committed a combined total of approximately $1 million to the program, which will provide thousands of new helmets to youth football players in low-income communities.

With the support of the NFL, youth concussion laws have been passed so far in 39 states and the District of Columbia, protecting young athletes from returning to play too soon. We will continue our advocacy for this law in the remaining states.

To learn more about our health and safety work for athletes of the past, present and future, visit nfl.com/evolution and look out for two televised messages that will debut this season. We join with you in celebrating the return of the game we all love. Here’s to a safe and exciting season.
<table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="315"> <tbody><tr> <td style="font-family:Endzone Sans Light, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height:14px; color:#231F20; font-size:12px;">
Roger Goodell</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

You gotta be kiddin me right?

New Email from RG concerning player saftey

Didn't see this anywhere else, and searched for "email from Roger Goodell", so...

I got another email through NFL.com from RG. This one said

"
National Football League

To NFL Fans:

Like you, we are ready to get “Back to Football.” And like you, we want to help ensure that young athletes participating in sports this fall are playing safely.

The health and safety of players at all levels of the game is our first priority. Among our most important initiatives is helping athletes and their coaches know the signs and symptoms of concussion; and what to do if they suspect an athlete has a head injury. Through the leadership of our NFL Head, Neck and Spine Committee and partnerships with organizations like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we are finding new ways to protect players, adapt to scientific discoveries, and promote a culture of safety.

We applaud USA Football, the sport’s national governing body and the expert in player development and coaching education, on the launch this week of its Heads Up Football program, a health and safety resource for parents, coaches and players.

As part of Heads Up Football, you can learn about the importance of properly fitted equipment, prevention and treatment of concussions from the CDC, youth football rules, and the basics of proper “Heads Up Tackling.” To learn more, visit usafootball.com.

We are committed to the safety of young athletes, no matter what sport they play. This off-season, we announced our role in a multi-partner youth football helmet replacement program for underserved communities. The initiative will replace helmets that are 10 years old or older with new helmets at no cost to beneficiary leagues. With our partners in this campaign, including the NFL Players Association, we committed a combined total of approximately $1 million to the program, which will provide thousands of new helmets to youth football players in low-income communities.

With the support of the NFL, youth concussion laws have been passed so far in 39 states and the District of Columbia, protecting young athletes from returning to play too soon. We will continue our advocacy for this law in the remaining states.

To learn more about our health and safety work for athletes of the past, present and future, visit nfl.com/evolution and look out for two televised messages that will debut this season. We join with you in celebrating the return of the game we all love. Here’s to a safe and exciting season.

Roger Goodell
"

to which I reposnded:

"Eat a richard Roger. I'm a Saints fan, and your BS is transparent to me. I am not alone."

I imagine many of us have gotten this email. Lets see how it goes.

Signed

2A65E8E3-2337-4E41-BF4A-7E02DDA4876E-2169-0000026F42704C16.jpg

Ps if anyone can help resize so I can make this an avatar I would appreciate it.

Crapples. Mods, please merge. Looks like *_deuce_* started one as I was typing.

So calculated. With lawsuits circling, Jolly Roger sends an email where "safety" is mentioned no less than 7 times. Goodell is all about "the Shield" - from any liability.

Well, the scariest part is that sending that out through official NFL email, it is an attempt to sway the court of public opinion, and very well may. Not everyone outside of the Saints Nation has the same drive to seek exoneration as we. In fact, many of our opponents fans are probably pleased as punch we will not be at full strength. Deaf ears for the willingly blind.

I was wondering where my email was...found it in my spam folder. So appropriate.

#1 priority is player safety...

LOL

Yeah right.

more like $$$

This guy could work on his lying skills. Could have said "player safety is paramount" and at least made it believeable.

"Because we care so much for player safety, we've locked out the referees and replaced them with high school officials."

:scratch:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom